Break Downs

"I can't believe this, Mitchy! First Avi leaves in a few days, now you're considering moving to South Carolina? Hell, if you're going somewhere, Scott will be right behind you!" Kirstie exclaims. Mitch just looks down. Kirstie was having a rough time for the past few days Mitch was afraid that she'd have a breakdown. "Have you even been eating? Please tell me you've been eating. I won't be able to handle it if you aren't, Mitch-"

"Kirstie!" Mitch yells. Kirstie stops when she hears the word. Sometimes she still couldn't believe that Mitch could say it. He points at his note book that was sitting on the table by Kirstie. She slowly hands it to him.

I'm eating. I promise.

Mitch wasn't lying. He tried to start eating three meals a day like he was in the hospital, but he couldn't handle it recently. By dinner time, his stomach simply couldn't take anymore. He put the limit back down to two.

"Thank God." She says, almost a whisper, in relief. She closes her eyes. Mitch could see the makeup running underneath her gorgeous eyes, the tears that had caused all of the damage.

You see, Mitch was getting much better. He had Scott and Kirstie and Zip. Even if Scott wasn't very happy with him right now. But Kirstie simply had Avi. Mitch was constantly with Scott, had barely been to their shared apartment. He decided to come back for awhile, stay with Kirstie. But now that Avi was leaving, Kirstie was starting to freak out. She was an anxious mess.

Back in middle school and the beginning of high school, Kirstie had severe anxiety. It went a way for the most part. But with the anxiety came OCD. Everything needed to be perfect and if it wasn't going well or as planned, she'd have a breakdown. She went to a therapist and everything got better for her. Was completely gone by her sophomore year. That's another reason why she has such stronger feelings for Avi. He was ALWAYS there for her, even in these stages.

But the OCD was starting to return. Mitch was scared the anxiety would too. She was already anxious about just leaving the house, scared someone will snatch her off of the street. She didn't need to be anxious in the safety of her own home as well.

She needed Avi like Mitch needed Scott.

"Is the sink running?" She asks, wiping the sweat from her forehead. Mitch shakes is head. "Do you hear it, Mitch? I think it's running! Who left it on? Why on earth would someone leave the sink on!" She panics and runs into the kitchen, sighing when she sees that sink was not actually running. Mitch quickly follows her.
"The bathroom. It's running in the bathroom. It has to! I'm not crazy, Mitch. Stop looking at me like I'm crazy! I'm not! Stop!" Mitch stops her from running, pulling her back and into his arms. She pushes him away so fast that Mitch almost fell down.

"Don't touch me! You're the one that left the sink on, aren't you?!" She throws her finger at Mitch's chest. Mitch drags her into the bathroom and shows her the still sink.

"Th-then what is that noise?" She asks, rubbing her hands together anxiously. "I hear something. If it's not a sink, then what is it?" She asks frantically.

"No noise." Mitch says. "Hug." He tries to hug her again.

"I swear their is a noise. I promise you."

"No, Kitty." Mitch says while shaking his head. She couldn't function right now. She was going to have an anxiety attack if she didn't sit down and chill out. Mitch leads her to the couch. She sits and throws her head into her hands.

"What is happening to me, Mitchy?" She asks. "I need help."

"Scared. Nervous." Mitch says.

"About what?"

"A leaving." Mitch called Avi, A. He couldn't pronounce the name even as easily as it was. He had never really tried and didn't want to either.

"I don't want him to leave. I want him to stay with me and hug me all through the night. I want what you and Scott have." He cringes. What Mitch and Scott have was something strange. Something that resembled boyfriends, but wasn't quite there yet. Mitch was scared to make it official. It didn't work very well last time, but they were also trying long distance. He shrugs it off.

"Does Avi look at me like Scott looks at you? That's what I want. Someone that can show so much admiration and appreciation just from looking at me. Someone that thinks about me even when I'm not around. I need a Scott to my Mitch. I need to be in love like you two are." Kirstie pleads. "I need to be in love." She repeats. Mitch hugs her and she actually lets him this time, hanging onto his arm. "How am I supposed to fall in love when Avi is going back to Arlington!" She throws her hand over her mouth. Mitch nods.

"Tell him." Mitch says, intertwining their fingers. Kirstie was scared, Mitch could see it in her face.

"I can't." She whispers. "I don't want him to have to deal with me. I want him to go back to Arlington and fall in love with someone worth his time." God, Mitch wanted to talk. To tell her that she was all Avi talked about. That Avi was obviously in love with her and she couldn't see it enough to tell him she felt the same.

So Mitch pulled his phone and texted Avi.

Mitch: Talk to me.

Avi: Hey, Munchie. How are you feeling?

Mitch: Awful. Kirstie is practically having a break down in my arms. Where are you?

Avi: Out buying a new suitcase, I broke mine and need a new one before I leave. What's wrong with her?

Mitch: She is in love and is scared.

Avi: Oh

Mitch: Avi, tell her so she can stop feeling like this.

Avi: Okay...