Chapter Two - First Rehearsal

(Patrick's Point Of View)

It has been two weeks since I saw the guys. I haven't even called Pete yet. What? I don't want to sound desperate. So I decide to finally pick up my phone and call him.

Ring...

Ring...

"Hello?" Pete answers.

"Oh uh hey it's me, Patrick."

"Hey Kid." His voice gets excited. "I was wondering when you were gonna call. I was starting to worry if you were not interested!"

"Um, Pete? Please call me Patrick and not kid. I'm not being mean it's just..." I trail off.

"Yeah I understand." There was a moment of silence before I speak again, "So, uh Pete. When and where are we meeting up for rehearsal?"

"My house, we are actually going to get together for practice tonight at seven. Would you be able to make it ki-" He cuts himself off, "Patrick?"

"Yeah I will!" I say a little to excited, I clear my voice, "Wait, where is your house?"

"I'll pick you up. So, don't worry. Bye, see you later."

"Bye." I hang the phone up. I got chills of excitement throughout my body. Yeah, I know I get excited for the smallest of things, but I don't care.

Five Hours Later

I feel weight jump on top of me waking me up in a panic punching the something in the whatever. I get up and it wasn't just something, it was someone, Pete. "I'm so sorry Pete! I didn't mean it!"

"Yeah I know." He stands up rubbing his side. "Now I know not to wake you up like the way I just did. Anyways, are you ready?" He smiles.

"Yeah I am just wait a second." I go in the bathroom, brush my teeth, wash my face from sleep, somewhat comb my hair and puts my I Love Bingo hat on. "Now I am."

"But seriously? What's the point of combing your hair if you're just going to put a hat on it?" He chuckles.

"I uh I don't know." I look away.

"Okay let's just go you goof." With that we leave for Pete's house.

We arrive at his house and his house is decent, definitely nicer than mine though. He leads me into the garage where Joe and Andy were already here. They are having an arm wrestle competition at the moment not noticing we walked in. Pete yells, "Hey!" Joe and Andy fall out of their chairs making me laugh. "You like that?" Pete asks and winks at me.

"Yeah I guess. It was funny though."

"No it wasn't funny!" Joe and Andy yell at the same time, they look at each other yelling, "Jinks!" Pete rolls his eyes at them, "Come on guys stop fucking around, lets get down to business" He says while walking over to his bass stand, picking the bass up and putting the strap around his shoulder. He hands me a guitar and asks me "Do you know how to play Patrick?" I grab the guitar from him looking at him confused. "So, is that a no then?"

"I sort of do, so I guess yeah."

"Cool. You should know this song. We uh, kind of took it from you? It is the song you played for the audition. I hope you're not mad at me." He looks at me with guilt in his eyes and I give him a comforting smile.

"No, it's fine. I was going to mention my song to you guys anyways. It's not like you did anything wrong" I shrug and chuckle a little. "I just hope you guys aren't mad at me." Suddenly my feet become fasinating.

"Why would we be mad at you?" Andy asks. I think this is the first I have ever heard him speak.

"Because I kind of, didn't keep in touch for two weeks and just...yeah."

"Aw, Patrick. It's fine dude. We understand." Joe says. Pete nods in agreement.

"So, we should start now?" I finally look back up at them.

"Yes." Andy says sitting behind the drums. With that we start the rehearsal.

After we finish "My" song, I get trampled with hugs and everyone exclaiming, "You were awesome dude!" I blush and say quietly, "Yeah, thanks, but I wasn't that good."

"Are you serious? You are that good Patrick! You just don't see it." Joe claims.

"Yeah I guess not, but I do see a fat, talentless nobody." I claim.

"Don't be so hard on yourself." Pete says walking up to me, hugs me then kisses me on the cheek, which makes me a darker shade of red. He rests his head on my shoulder. "Aw." Joe and Andy say at the same time taking a picture of Pete and I. I just sigh. I can confirm from this instant that they truley care and that makes me put a smile on my face.

"Okay, fine, I won't be so hard on myself from here on out."

"You promise?" Pete asks seriously lifting his head off my shoulder looking up at me with sadness.

"I'm not promising you anything, but I will try my hardest." His face lights up like a Christmas tree. Ah, Christmas. My favorite time of the year.

"That's good enough for me." Pete puts his head back down on my shoulder and I just sigh happily. I truely feel loved and feel like I have known them for years and I only have known them for two weeks and only talked to them for two days. Oh well.