Chapter Thirty - Happy Anniversary!

(Patrick's Point Of View)

I love you, the three words that are so simple yet carry such a burden. Brendon just told me he freaking loved me. Like that makes me anymore of a jerk and confused. I replay those words in my head so many times I lost count.

As if on cue, Pete walks in.

(Pete's Point Of View)

Patrick has been back there for awhile now, about fifteen minutes I'm guessing. I should check on him, but what if he just needs time alone? Who cares. So, I stand up and go back there.

I knock on the door and open it, "Hey babe, I was just seeing if you were alright."

"Yeah I am. What makes you think I wasn't?" Patrick asks looking up, but I can tell something is bothering him.

"You have been back here awhile. I was getting worried. As long as you're okay, I'm okay." I smile and put my hands on his cheeks and kisses him.

I pull away to leave, but Patrick turns me around pushing me against the wall, pressing his body against me, kissing me passionately. He kicks the door shut and locks it. He basically pushes me down onto the couch, straddling my legs rubbing his body against mine, putting his hand down my pants causing me to moan against his lips. We make love for the first time in a long time.

We just lay there in each others' arms in silence. Our heavy breathing has finally subsided. I forgot the feelings, the connection of making love. We haven't done it for so long, but that isn't what I care about. What I do care about is that there something different about this time and it's not a good thing.

"Hey, babe?"

"Yeah Pete?"

"Are you sure you are okay? I mean, I saw pain in your eyes the entire time we-"

"Pete I'm fine okay? Just let it be."

"I'm worried about you. You can talk about anything with me."

"I know, but this time I-I can't Pete, hun. I'm fine."

"Patrick maybe if you talk about it, your situation will get better. I mean, for you maybe not, but sometimes people just need to get a certain something off their chest to get better. It may not be the case for you, but I'm just suggesting a possible solution."

"If I do get it off my chest, it will get worse, not better. Please just understand." Patrick looks up to me with saddest look ever.

"I understand completely. I just hate seeing you like this. It hurts me."

"If I tell you, you will hate me. It will ruin our relationship. I don't want to risk taking that chance." Ruin our relationship? What the fuck is he talking about?

"Okay. Patrick." I carefully get out from under him and gets dressed.

"Where are you going?" He says sitting up.

"Going to get something eat." I flash a smile. "Want to come?"

"Holy smokes yes!" He jumps up and gets dressed, "Where are we going exactly?"

"Somewhere special," I grab his hand and intertwine my fingers with his, "Lets go babe."

With that I lead him off the bus and we walk to his favorite restaurant which he doesn't know we're going there. As we walk there, everyone is giving weird looks and I can tell Patrick is uncomfortable. So, to make him feel better I put my arm around him pulling close and kiss his cheek, I think that helped him.