Chapter Forty Six - Riddle Me This

(Patrick's Point Of View)

After awhile I hear a knock on the door, and a voice speaking, "Patrick? Are you in there?"

Another voice says, "Open the door!"

"Go away!" My voice being muffled from the pillow and my crying.

"Patrick! Just fucking open the goddamn door!" The first voice that talked exclaims, but more calm than the second voice.

"What do you want!"

"You should already fucking know." The second voice says angrily.

"No, I don't. I don't even know who you are."

"You can't recognize your own fucking husband's voice?" Oh crap. 

I roll off the bed, walk up to the door and opens it finding Brendon and Pete standing there. Brendon doesn't look angry at all while Pete is on fire, "I understand why you're here Pete, but why are you here Brendon?"

"Because, I need an answer. Why didn't you tell Pete right away? I did with Sarah."

"I-I don't know okay? I-I w-was affraid?"

"Affraid of what?" Brendon asks symethetically.

"T-that Pete wou-" I get cut off by Pete.

"I don't even fucking care alright, but the fact that you fucking didn't tell me who-"

"I care why he didn't. All because you don't." Brendon cuts Pete off calmly with irritaion in his voice.

He gets into Brendon face screaming, "Well he isn't your fucking husband! So how can you care about him?"

"He's m-my friend." Brendon answers looking at Pete with fear in his eyes.

"Whatever Brendon." He turns back to me. "I need you to choose."

"Choose what?"

"Riddle me this, who is it going to be? Me? Or Brendon?"