Chapter Twenty Three - Christmas (Brendon's Get Together)

(Patrick's Point Of View)

I am getting ready for Brendon's get together later tonight. Apparently Dallon and Spencer aren't going because they have plans with their girlfriends. Which kind of bums me because it has been a long time since I've seen them, but oh well it is what it is.

Pete has already left for his parents' because they live three hours from here. He has decided he is going to stay there until New Years Eve. So that means I am just getting ready with no one to talk to. Lonely singing to myself, I hate my voice. I'm gunna go crazy being alone for five days!

I look at the clock and the hands point to 6:37 P.M. I decide to get dressed officially. I dress in a white plain shirt, a black cardigan sweater, black jeans and black and white shoes. I put on my glasses, my leather jacket and my Fedora. I walk out of the house, get in the car and leaves for Brendon's house. I turn on the radio, the song that currently is playing is our song Sugar We're Goin' Down. Instantly I turn it off because I find it kind of weird to hear ourselves. So, I drive in silence.

After ten minutes I arrive at his house. I step out of the car and just walk in closing the door behind me. Taking my jacket off and set it on the jacket rack because it was hot in here. Brendon doesn't care. Joe and Andy are the only ones here.

"Hello! I hope you don't mind me just letting myself in." I laugh and sit down at the dinning table with them. Joe and Andy are in a arm wrestle match...again.

"Why would I?" Brendon smiles, cocking his eyebrows.

"I dunno. Is Andy and Joe the only other people tonight?"

"Yes." He replies.

"Where's Sarah?" I ask.

"She is on a vacation with her girlfriends. She isn't coming home unril the thirtieth. I really don't care to be honest. She needs her space you know?" Brendon explains.

"Yeah, I understand." From the kitchen there is a beep.

"The turk-ay is do-one!" Brendon sings jumping from his seat, runs to the kitchen and slides on the floor with his socks. Gladly he didn't fall, but it would have been hysterical. He comes back with the "Turk-ay" and sets it in the table with a big smile on his face, "Dinner time yay!" He exclaims jumping up and down.

"Ah what the heck! Yay!" I join his jumping.

He grabs my hands (yet again there is electricity going up them) as we both jump together. No matter where he touches me, that feeling is always there. It has been there for the past year. I don't even know why.

He pulls away, thank God, and turns his attention back to the "Turk-ay" and cuts it into pieces, putting it on plates. Then, puts mashed potatoes.

Po-ta-toes! Boil smash 'em stick 'em in a stew.

"Okay ladies! It's time to eat!" Brendon exclaims.

"Oh! Look at all this food!" Joe says.

"Yum!" Andy says taking a bite.

"Thanks for dinner." I smile and chuckle.

"No need to thank me." Brendon smiles and winks at me.

We stuff ourselves with all the food. I get full and stare at my plate with a note of potatoes left. I grab it with me hand and throw it at Joe.

"Hey! What the hell!" Joe says and throws the stuffing at me.

Andy and Brendon just look at us funny, "Oh come on party poopers!" Joe and I both exclaim, both throwing food at them.

"Oh that's it!" Andy says throwing all the food he had on his plate at all of us (which was a special homemade vegan dinner made by Brendon).

"You know how it's done?" Brendon gets the gravy pouing it on my head. He turns to Joe and slams a pie in his face. Smashes the potatoes on top of Andy's head. We stand I. Silence then explode into laughter, "That is how Brendon fucking Urie does it! I'll be here all week!" He bows.

Joe, Andy and I exchange looks, "Fire!" We exclaim throwing all the food at Brendon. We laugh even harder than before. All kidding aside we clean the place up and that was surprisingly quick. We also clean each other up, all except your clothes of course.

"So, what now?" Joe asks.

"I dunno." We say.

"I know!" Joe runs to a room and comes back with a PS3. Great. "Let's have a tournament on Madden!"

"Oh shit! No one can beat thyself though." Brendon sits straight up fixing his tie with a smug expression.

"Oh really?" I ask. I have never played Madden.

"Says the guy that has never played it." He laughs.

"Ha! Ha!" I mock him.

For the next four hours we play Madden and surprisingly I won our little tournement. How didn't I discover Maddn before this? It is fun! "How the hell did Patrick end up winning! Gah! This game is rigged! I'm going home!" Joe throws the remote on the ground, gets up and walks up to the door, "Bye Patrick and Brendon!" Andy follows him leaving.

Brendon just sit there awkwardly. After awhil Brendon turns off the T.V. then gets up and puts the PS3 back where joe got it from. Comes back and sits in the chair across from me, we stay silent. The expression on his face looks distinctly confused and full of thought like he's debating over something.

I break the silence, "Tonight was fun huh?" I laugh.

He looks at me and smiles, "Yeah, but I still can't believe you won though. You aren;t a gamer and had no fucking idea what you were doing."

"Maybe that is why. I had no idea what I was doing."

Brendon randomly gets up from the chair and comes over and sits next to me on the couch, "Patrick, I know this is the past and it meant nothing, but those two times you kissed me...I can't get it off my mind. The taste you left on my lips, I can't get rid of you..." He trails off looking down at his hands.

"Brendon, I am sorry for those times by the way. I just don't want them to ruin our friendship. Please don't dread on it." He looks up at me and smiles.

"Yeah I know and they haven't. I am not mad at you. The first time was because you were super excited you weren't going to jail and I saved your ass. The second one you were drunk off your ass and didn't know what you were doing. I don't know why I brought it up sorry." He looks back down again.

"It's okay." I chuckle.

Without any warning he puts his hands on my waist and kisses me on the lips passionately. His right hand slides from my waist to my back and goes halfway down my pants.