Chapter Forty - The Feeling Of Feeling Unique

(Patrick's Point Of View)

Well last night was awkward and I suppose you guessed it by now. Yes I was yet again the one to start the kissing and the grinding. I just wish Anita didn't see it. Well she's old enough to know what it was, just the fact that she saw her dad making out with Brendon is bad.

I don't even know why I kissed him...again. It's like he's a magnet, an unstoppable attraction. I seriously cannot control it, I hate myself with a passion for it.

"I have to tell you something." Anita is suddenly fascinated by her hands.

"Like what sweetheart?" I ask sympethetically.

"What is it pumpkin? Pete asks.

"This is tough to say..." She trails off.

"It's okay, we won't judge. I promise." I say.

She sighs before she speaks, "Anita isn't actually my real name."

"What?" I gasp.

"Yeah, I know. I just lied because I was affraid of you judging me for my real name. Considering my past experiences with parents." She explains.

Makes sense though, I think.

"We understad." Pete says.

"My name is embarrassing more than anything. Please don't laugh."

"We won't laugh. Promise." I say crossing my fingers.

I sigh, "My real name is...I can't say," She shakes her head before continuing, but we can't hear her. "...is my real name."

"Uh, please repeat it. I didn't hear you." Pete says.

"You just to make fun of me!" She gets up and starts to storm out of the room.

"Sweetie, we seriously didn't hear you." I explain.

She stops, sighs and turns around, "It's irrelevant now." She leaves and we hear a door slamming shut.

"Well that ended well." Pete gets a sad look o his face or I think it's sadness anyways.

"It's okay babe." *I kiss him and hug him, "She's probably not ready."

Okay, I am starting to worry over Anita. I know I shouldn't be, but she has been in her room all day. I understand what she's going through and she need time to process everything...never mind.

"Hey Pete, do you think Anita's alright?" I ask.

"Of course she is, she's just thinking things through. Dont worry babe." Pete pulls me in closer to him.

"I guess you're right," I sigh hugging him.

As if on cue, Anita walks in, "Dad, Pete, I'm sorry for overracting earlier."

("Anita's" Point Of View)

I storm off to my room after they tried to make fun of me, but I know they actually didn't hear me. I didn't even hear myself, but it was still close, I almost gave out my real name. If I say my name, Dad and Pete might make fun of me, or look down at me, or even get rid of being their daughter. I can't trust them, can I? I will tell them after I calm down a bit.

AFter awhile, I gte up from my bed and goes to the frot room, "Dad, Pete, I'm sorry for overracting earlier."

"It's okay Anita. We understand." Pete says.

"You do?" I'm surprsied.

"Of course. You were about to tell us something that strikes you personally. You don't have tell us until you are ready or even never if you aren't comfortable with it." Dad explains sitting up.

"No, I overracted." I sits on my Dad's lap facing Pete for no reason, but it didn't feel weird or anything and I don;t think he minded.

"Aw!" Pete exclaims taking a picture of us with his phone. I roll my eyes at him smiling. I suppose hes going to post it on Twitter or whatever.

"Well, I have calmed down enough so I can tell you." I mention.

"Okay, ready whenever you're ready sweetheart." Dad says smilng.

"I am ashamed of my name. It will sound familiar. You know, that one painting? Please don't make fun of me Dad and Pete." I look away from Pete.

"We won't." Pete says.

"It's stupid, my name is Lisa..." I trail off.

"How is that shamfeful?" Dad asks sympathetically.

"Mona Lisa. See? Now you hate me."

"We don't hate you." Dad claims.

"Your name is awesome!" Pete exclaims.

"R-really?" Wow okay, I totally sounded like brendon again. Oh well.

"Riley."

"Riley?"

"Little Jimmy."

"Uh...okay?" I hops off his lap, turns to both of them and hugs them, "Thank you for undertsanding everything and well, everything you have done! I love you Dad and Pete!" I feel Dad crying so, I let go and look at him worried, "Dad why are you crying?"

"Because I have the best daughter in the world that I love the most dearly." He responds smiling.

"M-me? T-the best?" I tighly hug him again like he's a teddy bear or something, he hugs back.

"Of course you are!" Pete and Dad exclaim at the same time, Pete comes over and hugs both of us. I soon too cry. I swear, this is one the best, no, is the best night of my life.