Chapter Four - Maybe We Should Just Break Up

2009

(Pete's Point Of View)

I sit there in my thoughts staring at him like we are the only ones on Earth wondering if he likes me. Since day one I have wondered that. No Pete that is a fucking stupid thought just let it go. He is not gay nor are you. But his scent, his smile, his eyes, I want all of it regardless. I should stop denying the fact that I do like him, but I am never going to tell him. That would ruin the relationship we do have and I will not take that risk. My thoughts end by a Patrick repeatingly yelling my name, "Pete! Pete!"

"Huh? What?" I shake my head and blinking my eyes.

"Are you okay?" He has a confused look on his face.

"Uh, yeah why?"

"I don't know, you have been staring at me for twenty minutes now. Are you mad at me?"

 Fuck, he noticed, "No, I'm not mad at you Patrick. I was staring at you though? I didn't mean to sorry. I was just so wrapped in my thoughts I didn't notice." I half lie.

"Oh, okay. I understand, but it was really uncomfortable though." He puts his attention back to the book he is reading.

"I'm just gonna go to bed now." I say getting up going to my bunk on the tour bus.

"Goodnight Pete."

I climb in my bunk and hear Joe from accross the way, "Lover boy!" I just sigh and throw a shoe at him "Shut up Joe! I am not a lover boy!"

"Then why do you always stare at Patrick all the time like you want him? Explain that? And that hurt by the way!" Was it that noticable? So I just lie and say, "Good! I hope it did hurt! I don't want him. Plus, I don't stare at him all the time."

"So you admit it! I fucking knew it!" We hear someone walk towards the back getting in their bunk and saying, "You knew what Joe?" It was Patrick. Joe gets an evil grin on his face I mouth to him giving him the death glare, "Do not say a word! Or else!"

"Oh nothing, just Pete has a major crush on someone."

"Oh really? Pete who is it?"

"Uh, this one girl." Joe rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, a girl."

"Lets just get some shut eye. Goodnight!" I exclaim.

"Night, again." I hear Patrick chuckle under his breathe.

"Goodnight lover boy." Joe makes kissy faces towards me I flip him off. I turn my back towards him facing the wall and fall asleep instantly.

The next morning I wake up to shouting. I get out of my bunk and go to the front lounge seeing Andy and Patrick shouting in each other faces. It looks like they are about to fight, I break them up by going in between them holding them back with my arms, "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What the fuck is going on here!"

"Andy here claims we are turning into a pop band!"

"Because we are! Listen to Folie again! It's your fault because of it!"

"My fault? Oh you're going to get it now punk!" Patrick gets away from my grip blocking him and punches Andy in the face.

"Okay! Okay! Just shut the fuck up!" I push Andy on the couch on one side and Patrick on the other. "Maybe we should just break up after this tour is over! It looks like we clearly cannot get along since we made Folie. All we do it fight anymore!"

"The tour is over dumbass." Joe says half laughing.

"Then we'll quite now!" I stomp off the bus in just my boxers. I don't fucking care, I just want to be anywhere that is away from Fall Out Boy. The main reason why I want to quit is because I can't handle not being able to be with Patrick and it's heartbreaking. I don't trust myself, I might have edventually done something stupid to ruin our friendship. Tears are pouring out of my eyes just at the thought of it smearing my eyeliner.