Chapter Ten - Misery Business Part One

(Pete's Point Of View)

Patrick just told me he loved me. Patrick fucking Stump, the love of my life in my head for years told me he fuckng loved me. After the fact he humped my leg and stuck his tongue down my throat of course. I'm not complaining though. We aren't even together which makes me sad, but hey he loves me.

The door bell rings rapidly, "Okay okay geez. I'm coming!" I half jog to the door almost falling on my face a few times. I open the door and see Patrick with red puffy eyes, "Patrick, what's wrong?"

"I had to do it," he hugs me and doesn't let go, crying into my shoulder, "I'm sorry." What is he talking about?

(Patrick's Point Of View)

The next day after I told Pete I loved him, I had this guilt built into me, I can't take it anymore. I have to divorce Elisa. Lets face it, I am not happy with her in the slightest bit.

I finally walk out of the room and go downstairs finding her cooking dinner, I sigh sitting down at the counter, "Elisa, we have to talk."

She turns around to look at me, "I was wondering when you were going to wake up," she smiles, "what's wrong hun? It looks like you've been crying all day." She goes around the counter and she hugs me from behind.

"I have been crying all day. I have decided we need to divorce. Let's face it we are not happy with each other. All we do is fight, you hit me, it's just bad. I'm the only one in this relationship that actually tries to keep us together."

And what do you know? She starts hitting me, and screams, "How can you! I love you!"

"If you love me. Then let me go."

"Just shut the fuck up! You worthless piece of shit!" I'm on the floor now her straddling my waist hitting my face with a pan. I am covering my face with my arms, I am crying even harder now.

I am half yelling, "Elisa stop!"

"No! I want you dead you son of a bitch!"

I get up taking her with me, taking the pan from her, throwing it on the table and hold onto her hands, "Elisa I cannot live with you anymore. If you can't understand why then you are sick." I shove my way past her, grabs my jacket and leaves.

Where do I go? Oh Pete! I head for Pete's house. When I get there I run up to the door and ring the door bell rapidly, "Come on Pete." I say under my breathe.

Pete finally opens the door, "Patrick, what's wrong?"

"I had to do it," I melt into his arms, "I'm sorry."

"Come on let's get inside." I let go of him and sit on the couch wincing, he sits next to me.

"Patrick, tell me what's wrong please?"

"I-I, broke up with Elisa. I am going to divorce her."

"It's okay. It will be okay." He hugs me and I wince. He gets a concerned look on his face and lifts the sleeve of my jacket and sees the bruises. I quickly pull it back down, "What the hell? She hits you!"

"Yes. I deserved it."

"No you didn't. No one deserves to be abused, especially you." I half smile at him.

We hear someone banging on the door yelling, "Patrick! I know you are in there!" How did she know where I was?

"I'm going to hide in your room." I run into his room and hide under his bed.

(Pete's Point Of View)

We hear someone banging on the door yelling, "Patrick! I know you are in there!" How did she know where he was?

"I'm going to hide in your room." he gets up and runs to my room.

I open the door slightly, "Patrick isn't here Elisa."

"Yes he is!" She pushes me down, "tell where he is!" She straddles me holding a knife to my neck.

"H-He's in my room." Fuck why did so tell her? Oh yeah she was going to kill me, but now she's going to kill Patrick.

"Thank you, but before I go," she picks me up and handcuffs me to the T.V. stand, "just in case you come and interfere." and she makes her way upstairs.

There is screaming, Patrick's screaming. What the hell is she doing to him?

After a half an hour his screaming stops, she comes back down with a smirk of pleasure and covered in blood? She takes the handcuffs off and leaves.

Without any thought I run up to my room. Seeing something I wish I shouldn't have seen, ever.