The Love That I Feel

Song: Melodies by Secrets

Chelsea

"What should we name her?" I asked suddenly. I had been scrolling though names and their meanings on my laptop for past few minutes while I watched Oliver attempted to put a crib together. I was now seven months pregnant. Bring Me The Horizon had done a short two month tour in Europe and now we'd be home for awhile.

"I have no idea. What do you think?" he asked, concentrating on putting the pieces of the crib together. Who knew such a small bed would be so hard to put together.

"Can we do something music related? Since her daddy's so talented?" I questioned, giving him a smile. He turned his attention to me just for a moment to grin at me.

"That sounds lovely. What names are music related, though?" he asked as he turned the screw driver.

"Well, there's Melody. Or Aria means gentle music. Or Carmen, which means song in Spanish. Or Cailey means musical one," I replied after reviewing the list of names I had put in a Word document. I looked up at him waiting for his response.

"I think I like Melody the best," he told me not looking up from his work. Surprisingly he was almost done after an hours of hard work. He had again refused to let me help him. I had kind of gotten used to everyone not letting me do work and had learned to enjoy it.

"Me, too," I responded happily. I closed out of Word and the Internet on my laptop and closed the lid. I looked around at the room that was now the nursery. Oli and Nicholls had spent all day yesterday and the day before painted the room pink. The walls were light pink and the trim was dark pink. I had found these wall decals that were little pink birds that I thought were adorable and Oli had put them up. Besides the fact that we, or should I say Oli, still needed to put the changing table together, the room was pretty much complete.

"Well, it looks like little Melody's crib is done. Let's just hope it doesn't collapse when we put her in it," he told me with a chuckle. He stood back to admire his handy work before moving the crib against one of the walls.

"Time to get started on this," he murmured, looking at the box which held the changing table. Suddenly there was a knock on the door, causing his face to light up. I probably would've told him to save the table for another day anyway.

He helped me up from the floor before going into the living room to get the door. "Hey, mate. What are you doing here?" I heard him question our visitor as I walked, well, really waddled, into the living room.

"I came to see if you guys needed anymore help with anything," Nicholls' voice answer. He had been a huge help lately. It was good we had him because all I was allowed to do was sit and watch.

"I was just about to start on the changing table, but it could wait" Oliver answered, letting him into our apartment. I settled in on the couch and turned on the new TV.

"I came over to help, so let's get started," Nicholls' told Oliver and they headed into the nursery. Oliver looked like it was last thing he wanted to do, which made me laugh. He was definitely going to be in for a rude awakening when this baby actually came.

Oliver

The next day, I had been directed to bring Chelsea to Austin's girlfriend, Lexi's house. Apparently she had planned some party for Chelsea that was a surprise. It was basically a baby shower, but since all Chelsea's friends were guys besides Lexi herself, it was just gonna be all of us hanging out. I really didn't know why it had to be a surprise and I had no idea how to get Chelsea there without her questioning me.

"Can we just stay home today?" Chelsea asked hopefully even though she was already dressed and ready to leave. I let out a laugh and shook my head.

"No, we're gonna do something... special today," I told her. I had decided on just telling her it was a surprise instead of making up some lie about where we were going.

"Like what?" she questioned as she wrapped her arms around my neck. Her large stomach made it hard to get close to her.

"It's a surprise," I responded, snaking my arms around her waist. I planted a kiss on her lips. When she pulled away, she gave me a pout. "I can't tell you," I added, kissing her again.

"You're lucky I love you or I might be mad," she told me in a joking tone. I gave her a smile as I looked down at her. She looked exceptionally beautiful today for some reason.

The car ride to Lexi's house was filled with the sounds of Linkin Park coming out of the car stereo. "Why are we at Lexi's?" she questioned as I opened the car door for her. I decided the easiest thing to do would be to not answer. If Lexi wanted this party to be a surprise, I wasn't going to be the one to ruin it.

She gave me a look as I helped her out of the car. We walked up to the door and I knocked. Lexi's mum answered. Lexi was living with her parents until she graduated college. "It's nice to see you two again," Lexi's mum told us before letting us in to the house. Lexi told me they'd be in the basement so I took Chelsea hand and led her down the stairs to the basement.

As I open the basement door and we walk down the steps, someone flicked on the lights and the small group of our friends erupted in a cheer of "Surprise!" I could hear Chelsea gasp as she descended the staircase. The smile on her face was huge.

"Congratulations!" Lexi exclaimed, engulfing Chelsea in a hug. She hugged her back and then hugged Austin, Tom, Nicholls, Matt, Lee, and Curtis.

"I can't believe you knew about this and didn't tell me," Chelsea told me after she had talked to everyone and thanked Lexi about a hundred times for throwing her a party. She hit me playfully and gave me a small smile.

"That's the point of a surprise," I replied, smiling back at her. All she could do was shake her head and laugh before Lexi announced that she was going to cut the cake. Lexi had gotten Chelsea's favorite, vanilla with chocolate icing.

As we sat in a sort of circle talking and eating our cake, I was reminded of that year I had invited everyone over my house for Chelsea's birthday. Things were so different back then. We didn't even know Lexi or Austin and Chelsea wasn't pregnant. We were a lot younger and a lot more naive. It seemed like forever ago. I kind of missed it, but then I looked over at Chelsea and was reminded that in two months we'd get to meet little Melody. I wouldn't change that for anything.