6| Fleeting

Edited: 12/21/15
Chapter 6: Fleeting
Years passed, Rakuen Island was slowly fading away from the maps. The usual liveliness of the bustling villagers was no more.

Only migrating birds tend to visit the island.

"Sage! I need some help over here!" Amaryllis placed the crate down as she tied her hair into a high ponytail. She patted the dust off her black pants and gray shirt.

"Thanks for the h-HHUUWWAAAHH!!!" A man lost balance and fell down a hole.

Amaryllis failed to conceal a giggle.

"Amaryllis! I told you to get rid of your annoying traps!" Sage bellowed and hit her head with his tail.

"Ow! Yeah, yeah, whatever you say" Amaryllis scratches her head, helped the man out and apologized.

"But it's still fun making them" she muttered, earning another spank from the Guardian.

Stranded and lost sailors harbor at the place where Amaryllis and Sage live near. Rest, medication and food are offered in exchange for trade.

When some people somehow get washed up, Amaryllis would heal the wounds through medical herbs then afterwards help build a boat with them.

Actually, Amaryllis sometimes asked help to build her own boat because she'd like to leave Rakuen Island and explore the world but most of the time, she'll end up giving it to castaways.

She was able to pick up a few steps when she observed her brother build a boat during one of their festivals.

"Faraday-san!" Amaryllis called out to  blonde woman gazing at the sea. She inched closer to her and gave her a little basket. "I'm done with the cure!"

Faraday was speechless at first but she pulled the ravenette into a tight embrace.

"You have no idea how thankful I am for this!" Faraday exclaimed after pulling away from the hug. "Thank you very much!"

"Well, I couldn't have started anything if my Mom hadn't researched about it before" Amaryllis shrugged.

"Well, thank you both" she smiled.

>>Timeskip>>
"Here, please accept this" an old man offered a box of clothes and food.

Amaryllis was delighted. "Thank you very much! Have a safe journey!"

She shook hands with the old man. She placed the box on top of a crate and waved goodbye as he sailed away on the boat.

"Amaryllis, how's your side?" Sage flew to Amaryllis landing on the box.

"Fesao-san's condition is okay now so he was able to leave" Amaryllis said. "I also gave the cure to Ms. Faraday. I hope she'll get home in time"

"Let's hope for the best" Sage said. "Anyway, let's go make some lunch"

"Okay, so what do you need?" Amaryllis replied.

Sage told Amaryllis the supplies she should get while he'll do the rest.

"I'm off now" Sage said before flying away.

"I guess I'll find what he needs now" Amaryllis thought and walked to the opposite direction.

Amaryllis walked pass the trees and jumped over logs, the cool breeze caressed her cheeks.

The walk was peaceful until she heard an unfamiliar noise that appeared to be coming from her left.

She paced towards the origin and noticed burnt grass and tree trunks. A few trees were also cut off from their places.

She walked around until something blocked the sunlight.

Amaryllis glanced up and saw this huge tree branch falling towards her.

Luckily, she was able to get away from it.

"What the heck happened here?" Amaryllis asked to nobody in particular. "Some weird dude on fire started slicing random things?"

She was about to turn her heel when she heard a crunching sound of someone stepping on crisp leaves.

Amaryllis saw a stranger coming her away or more like, he simply kept walking without noticing her presence.

"What happened to you?" Amaryllis motioned, getting a closer look at his wounds until he lost his balance.

Before he could fall to the ground, Amaryllis was able to catch him. She realized he lost his consciousness and sighed. "What the heck is happening here?"