Chapter 9: Isn't he... Never Mind -_-

Amaryllis was finished in building the boat for the castaway.

"Phew!" she wiped her sweat. "Maybe I'll make our boat so we can leave early"

With that, she started to get some more wood and started making the boat. Amaryllis remembers about the man again.

"Hmmm, everytime I see him the more I think I've seen him before..." Amaryllis thought in silence. "I'm positive I've seen him somewhere but where?"

"Amaryllis!!!"

The voice broke her train of thoughts.

"Hmmm?" Amaryllis was still fixed on her job.

"It's time for dinner in the grotto" Sage told her.

"Okay. I'll follow you I'm almost finished in this part" Amaryllis said without looking at Sage.

Sage flew away. Amaryllis was still thinking about him while working with the boat she and Sage will use until she thought she'll continue it tomorrow.

Amaryllis heaved a sigh. "To the grotto"

She walked towards the grotto accompanied by the zephyr and rays of the setting sun. Fireflies started to fly around.

~At the Grotto~

Amaryllis entered the grotto and saw this scene: a sleeping mummy (almost :P) and an eating pink Sage.

"Did he eat before he slept?" Amaryllis asked Sage.

"Yes then he went back to sleep" Sage answered.

"Didn't he tell you anything else?" Amaryllis asked again.

"Well he didn... Wait a sec, why are you so curious about him all of a sudden?" Sage raised his tone.

"Is there anything wrong with curiosity?" Amaryllis said.

"Why are you answering my question with another question?" Sage raised an eyebrow.

"It's just that.... Fine you win!!!" Amaryllis gave up and started eating her food.

"I wonder why Amaryllis wants to know more about him well after all if he doesn't want to talk then leave him. I hope she knows what privacy means" Sage mused.

"...ge... Sage" Amaryllis was calling him.

"What?" Sage asked.

"Well, ummmm, I think I saw him before" Amaryllis said.

"Seen him? I never saw you read newspapers or something" Sage stated.

"No not that! I think I saw him when I was a kid or...." Amaryllis was cut from her words.

"I thought you were always here in Rakuen when you were a kid" Sage replied.

"Well, sometimes our family visit a relative of ours whenever father receives a long vacation" Amaryllis told Sage.

"Hmmm..." Sage said.

"Anyway, let's leave that for today. I'm getting sleepy" Amaryllis rubbed her right eye, yawning.

"Fine, get to sleep" Sage told Amaryllis who was walking towards a hammock attached to two coconut trees outside. Amaryllis plopped herself on the hammock and drifted to sleep.

"Sage, sage, I want to talk to you today, I want to know how the both of you are doing right away. Please come here and let's talk at the bay" a melodious voice sung, making Sage's ears perk up.

Sage didn't hesitate. He followed the voice's command. He flew towards the shore and rested on the rock.

"What is it now dear friend? I hope the time we shall use for discussion will be worthy to spend" Sage replied poetically, slightly annoyed since his 'friend' won't understand him if he doesn't sing.

The female voice giggled. "Now what happens to dear Amaryllis now, I hope she's fine. Is she floating in cloud nine, does her smile still shine?"

"She's doing fine okay? She loves the clothes you give to her by the way. I think you should leave, you wouldn't want your secret be perceived" Sage replied.

"Oh, well I least I know our friend is unharmed, but in this new era you need to be armed and always alarmed" the voice said before leaving because of the splash heard.

"I hope the odds are in our favor" Sage sighed. He gazed at the moon and the stars surrounding it.

"Change is a constant thing. It can either be good or evil yet it never stays that way. Everything can change" Sage murmured.