4| Rise of A Guardian

Edited: 12/21/15

Chapter 4: Rise of a Guardian

Amaryllis snapped out of her thoughts when she heard a prolonged sharp and shrill cry of pain.

She instinctively went to the place where the noise came from. After jumping over a few rocks and fallen trees, Amaryllis saw an amber-colored eyed, and pink furred creature. Glimmering tears of pain were seen escaping from the amber-colored eyes.

It was stuck between the ground and a big fallen branch of a tree.

The words 'help me' could be read by looking at the eyes.

Amaryllis,overcomed by pity, pushed the branch away and realized that the creature had battered wings.

"You look horrible" Amaryllis said even though she knows that the creature won't understand what she said or it will talk.

Somehow, it kind of understood. It nodded actually. Or did it really?

Amaryllis kneelt and took the pink and furry creature in her hands. It was the size of a small house cat.

She went back to the river and laid the creature on the grass. She took a handkerchief and soaked it.

Amaryllis removed the dirt on the fresh wound using the handkerchief. She also applied some healing herbs on it as well. She wouldn't have learned that if it weren't for her mother.

When the wound was healed after a few days, it was able to walk again.

"You're so cute~" Amaryllis said, pinching its cheeks before it opened its wings and flapped them up and down.

The creature faced her and spread its wings. It flew and landed on her lap.

Smiling, she stroked its sleek white fur which it seemed like it enjoyed.

The pink creature licked her hand after she was finished and realized a blue dot appeared and spiraled along her arm before it disappeared.

"Arigatou..." 

Amaryllis flinched because of a small voice.

"Was that you?" she asked, her eyes wide as saucer plates.

The creature nodded.

"What are you?" Amaryllis asked once again.

"We're called Guardians'" the creature claimed.

Amaryllis was in deep thought on what to ask it next. She glanced at the arm which had the tattoo. "So.. I understood you because of the mark?"

The creature shook its head. "Nope, I just wanted to make a contract before talking to you. I could've spoken to you if I wanted to"

Amaryllis didn't have anything to say. She somewhat had a look on her face that stated that Amaryllis wanted to make it explain everything to her.

The Guardian sighed and said, "Guardians are found in many parts of the world. They sometimes appear as normal animals like dogs or cats. They can also be mythical creatures or wild ones. It's hard to identify if you're seeing one or not though. Usually, guardian are seen in three certain events: It got hurt, is in danger or is defending something or someone"

"Oh" Amaryllis nodded.

"Well from here on out, I'm gonna be your Guardian!" it cheerfully announced.

"Eh?" Amaryllis replied.

The guardian just smiled at her.

"Well, I can't just ignore him" Amaryllis thought.