Chapter 41: Detective's Return

“What’s this Uncle?” I asked him as I stared at some sort of badge he gave me.

“Just something that gives ya permission if you are interested in some cases” he answered, a playful grin in his lips.

“OH! YOU’RE THAT NEKO TANTEI?!?!”

Is the news about me already that widespread?

I lowered the hood I was wearing to cover the upper part of my face making the cat-ears catchier. “Please don’t speak about me out loud”

“Oh?” the Marine officer said and nodded. “Well you’re still a newbie and all so okay”

A smile curved my features. “Thanks. So what happened here?”

You might as well be wondering how I got here without Captain knowing. Let me fill you in.

“Your eradication shall be death by suffocation if you’re lying” I told Bepo with a glare.

Bepo waved his paws in front of him and defended, “I’m telling you Amaryllis-san! Captain said we’re free until it’s time as long we don’t attract attention upon us”

I stared directly at his eyes to test him and broke the atmosphere with a smile. “OKIE!”

He sweat dropped because of the tension but probably shoved the topic away. “Take care Amaryllis-san”

The moment he left, I took the headband Sugar gave me and a shirt with a hoodie to make sure I’ll look like the detective back in Dressrosa.

That’s that I guess.

Doflamingo’s POV

“Updates?” I asked.

The other line didn’t answer.

“You okay back there?” I asked once more.

“Y-Yes” the spokesperson responded at last. “Just checked if someone might be eavesdropping”

“Can’t you get a decent place when we chat?”

“You know my status here Joker”

“Huh? Hmmm…” I thought for a while. “Yeah, I remember it now”

The other person on the call sighed. “Currently, Law gave the crew permission to do whatever they please and if it’s about Amaryllis, she went off somewhere. Actually…” there was silence in the other line until it spoke again. “I was planning to go after her or at least watch her from the distance. Have you made some plans so far?”

I told my subordinate about it and soon enough, he/she went after my niece.

*clunk*

"Will Amaryllis-chan be okay?" Monet asked.

"Don't always take chance of her flexibility over these matters" Vergo reminded me. "You don't know what she's been into"

"Risks have to be taken" I simply replied. I am guilty and aware of my actions but I don’t have any other choice.

It's all up to you now.

Amaryllis' POV
Case Closed!

I stretched my arms and concealed a yawn as I paved a way out of the crime scene.

I wondered around Sabaody as the Neko Tantei and saw some of those fish-tank people guarded by Marines.

I glanced away, attempting to not do anything reckless. I swore that I won’t attract that much attention even if I’m disguised.