Chapter 22: Escorts; Poem's Secret Revealed?

Chapter 22: Escorts; Poem’s Secret Revealed?

“Amaryllis said you’ve improved Seiji” Vlad started a topic.

“Uh... I think so” Seiji turned her head to hide her blushing cheeks.

“Oi Amaryllis!” Vlad called out to grab Amaryllis’ attention.

“What?”He received a response.

“Can I join you when you’ll train Seiji?” Vlad asked.

“Sure, let’s go” Amaryllis gestured for them to follow her to the backyard. She turned to Sage and Seiji’s twin sister, Chujitsuna or Chuji in short, “We’ll be practicing outside ‘kay?”

“Okay, we’ll take care of the café. Good luck Seiji!” Chuji waved her hand.

As the three entered, Amaryllis was the first to ask. “Vlad-niisan so are you going to train her or something?”

He nodded. “Once you are finished training her”

“O-okay” she turned to Seiji. “The training today is simple. You have to cut all the fruits I’ll throw at you using…” Amaryllis made a sword appear out of thin air. “this sword”

“A-Amaryllis, is that?” Seiji stammered.

“Yep it was the sword I brought yesterday. I figured out you’re ready to have one. So what do you say, let’s start?”

“Hai” Seiji wrapped the blindfold around her eyes and gripped on her sword in her fighting stance.

Amaryllis smiled as thousands of fruits appeared mid-air. “START!”

Seiji sliced one after another while Vlad used his ‘abilities’ to capture each one of them into a box.

“Sugoi Seiji!” Amaryllis cheered after Seiji finished all of them.

“It’s my turn to train you” Vlad said.

Amaryllis and Seiji glanced at Vlad who moved his fingers swiftly.

“Sense the strings surrounding this place and find the one with the knot. Avoid getting touched by the strings since I used the sharp ones” Vlad said.

“You sure about this Vlad-niisan?” Amaryllis asked, worried about Seiji.

“I’m ready!” Seiji spoke. “Um, do I need some blindfold?”

“No need since the strings can’t be seen” Vlad smiled.

Seiji started jumping, rolling and dodging the ‘said’ strings. When she was in the middle she started looking around her.

“The knot, where could it be?” Seiji thought.

She saw a small sphere thing hanging in the air. She was about to grab it when it started moving away.

“Nani?” Seiji exclaimed when she noticed Vlad flexing his fingers. She cursed under her breath and searched for the moving sphere.

She closed her eyes and let her instincts take over. Seiji moved around without getting too near to a string.

Seiji reached up in the air as she caught it.

“Wonderful Seiji” Vlad commented as he flicked a finger to return all the strings back to him, with Seiji of course.

“T-That was nothing” Seiji hid her scarlet face again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~