Chapter 19: True Colors

“So, let’s start the show?” I smirked to see them smile.

“FIRE!” the Marine leader commanded as cannon balls flew to us.

Luffy made it bounce back to them and exploded. Kid repelled it while Law…

How can I forget what he does? His blue sphere appeared surrounding a Marine and him. With one swing of his nodachi, the Marne guy’s head came off and teleported to his palm. Creepy O.O

So it’s my turn. Hmm… As a bomb flew towards me, geez how sweet of them to give me a bomb -.- I swished my hand in the air as it got blown away.

All of a sudden, Kid blocked our view. *sigh* I saw Luffy running towards them as I tried to hide my laughter.

The Marine fired again as Luffy’s fingers stretched and caught all of them like a fishing net.

What the?! One of the balls fell off his fingers and headed straight to us so we had to jump away to avoid getting blown into bits.

“Oi! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL US?!” Kid yelled.

“Gomen nasai” Luffy replied.

“The mortar cannons didn’t work against them”

“Well they lived up to their names”

“Seriously now is not the time for getting impressed! We have to hold them off until Admiral Kizaru gets here”

“Do you think we’re going to wait for that?” Law spoke and threw the head back to them and after moments of silence, they screamed.

“Don’t hesitate! Fight” the captain of the Marines said as they rushed towards Luffy who released the cannon balls leaving no other choice for them but to retreat.

They started firing again and Luffy dodged every bit of them. His leg extended and made the running Marines fall to the ground.

“Silent Eradicator” I heard a low voice which appeared like a Marine.

“Hmm?” I raised an eyebrow.

“I’ve been waiting for a challenge” he replied.

“Challenge?” I repeated. “Well then, can I have your name?”

At first he hesitated but answered, “Boreas”

I smiled. “Hmm, you figured out my Devil Fruit haven’t you?”

Boreas was taken aback. “Well, one of the bidders told me about the poem. Cherry blossoms and the fragrance in the room were the clues” he smirked.

I smiled, “If you solve the poem, Marines might have the upper hand”

He stood there and I made my sword appear. It has a black hand-guard that looked like a two-pane window, sheathed in a white scabbard decorated by black diamonds from the opening to the bottom. The hilt-wrapping was colored black with white crosses.

“Chinohana or Blood Blossom is the name of this sword. I wonder what it feels like to use it on a person” I smiled.

 “Challenge accepted Boreas” I appeared in front of him before he could react. Luckily, he instinctively drew his sword as I smirked at him. “Not bad, Boreas~san”

I jumped back a bit. “Vanishing Blade!”

I made swings in the open air as Boreas laughed.

“You think you can hit me at that dista…” he coughed blood afterwards.