Chapter 16: Disturbing Silence

We’re at the Auction House now! Our little angel turns into a spirit of anger! Let’s see what will happen!

Hai!- Okay!

Kawaii-Cute

Daijobu- Everything’s okay

10- jū

9- kyū

8- hachi

7- nana

6- roku

5- go

4- shi

3- san

2- ni

1- ichi

~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~/*/~

Chapter 16: Disturbing Silence

“We’re going to get Camie and Amaryllis back!”

“Hai!”

Amaryllis’ POV

“Next is the devious tactician, Lacuban! Let’s start the bid at…” the voice of Disco boomed.

Gasps were heard.

“What? He bit his tongue?” Disco said outraged yet the audience didn’t seem to hear. “We’ll let’s go to plan B”

Footsteps came closer to the cell.

“Sorry but I think he just fainted. We will sell him to you when he regains his consciousness” Disco blurted out. “But the next are the stars of the show! Buy One Take 1!”

I felt myself getting dragged. Argh, someone’s sleeping here! The jerks, can’t they see someone’s sleeping?

I felt something focused on me. I half-opened my eyes and tried to adjust to light. Good thing I still had my beret on.

I heard some shouts and screams, also I heard some words.

“Is that a mermaid?”

“Look at that girl. She’s so kawaii!”

“It’s worth the shot to buy them two”

Mermaid? Girl? Are they talking about me?

I opened my eyes now a bit dazed by the light focused on the stage. Wait a sec, how did I get here? Oh yeah, those morons dragged me here.

“This mermaid, well I don’t have to introduce their abilities to you since you already know, dying to get one. So this we have here was said to be a great poet! We didn’t have time to ask her name but who cares right? You can just name her” Disco’s voice boomed around the auction house.

Camie and I getting sold? How dare these scoundrels… Selling people as if they are objects!

“How will we know you’re saying the truth?” someone asked in the open.

“Oi, you better think of a short poem or else…” Disco threatened to me in a low voice.

What are you going to do? Scare me to death? In your dreams! That will never happen. You don’t know me.

“Dreamt of a silver sky with the white ever-glorious moon

Accompanied by the sakura trees that bloomed