3| Thanks for the Memories

Amaryllis, after a week and two days, walked around the forest with absolutely no idea what she was supposed to do next.

At a young age, she wasn't experienced in doing things all by herself. No one was there to help her out especially with everyone dead and their town destroyed.

"I'm such an idiot" She looked down with a miserable face. She recognized the running and whooshing sound of a nearby stream. Walking towards it, she gazed at her indistinct reflection.

"Don't cry. I'll always be with you... in here "

"Father and Mother died for us. We can't repay them by dying right? It's like we didn't even notice they sacrificed their lives for us. If I have to die... for you, you must.... LIVE FOR ME. Live for Father and for Mother"

"You can be foolish sometimes.... but ever since you became my sister.... until my last breath.... I'll always love you...."

~FLASHBACK~

"Big brother!!! I'm finished!!!" Amaryllis proudly said, raising her masterpiece.

"Let me see" Blaze motioned closer to get a better look.

"Oh! It's pretty!" he exclaimed.

"You really think so?" Amaryllis glanced at her brother.

"Of course" Blaze nodded.

Amaryllis had the cherry blossom tree as the center of her drawing.

"What is that?" Blaze asked, pointing at something that looked like an unprinted picture book. The cover was black with something drawn on it.

"Secret" his sister pulled her tongue.

"What is that?" she asked to her brother, pointing to an unprinted book as well.

"Secret" Blaze replied, pulling his tongue as well.

Both of them laughed.

The book that Amaryllis saw was actually the book her brother, Blaze was making. He was making a book about life in his point of view and experiences. Near the book was a small box. Inside it was actually two more books he already finished, the main topic for the first one he made was about friendship the other one was about love. Amaryllis still hadn't read her brother's works because he wants to give them to her on her birthday.

The book that Blaze saw was a picture book that her sister, Amaryllis drew. Mostly it was about Amaryllis and her brother. The cover was designed with her face and her brother's face. She was also planning to give the picture book on her brother's birthday.

*Another Flashback

"Big brother?" Amaryllis asked. She was looking at her brother sitting under the 'Fire Tree' in their front yard.

"Amaryllis! You're still up!" Blaze exclaimed in surprise "You're supposed to be asleep"

"I can't" Amaryllis spoke in such a sad tone before she tried to rub the sleep off her eyes.

Blaze was taken aback, "Oh..."

He smiled and asked, "Would you like me to tell you a bedtime story?"

The little girl nodded and ran beside her brother.

"Let's see... What story.... I know!!" Blaze just came up with an idea.

"There was a boy who was very blessed. He lives in a peaceful town and happy family. He loves and thanks for the blessings he gets, especially his younger sister. He loves his sister very much. He was always there when she was feeling down or happy about something. He treasured his sister. He promised himself that he will protect her and be next to her forever. He'll never leave her"

Blaze finished the short story. His sister was already sleeping on his lap.

He carried his sister and went inside the house. While walking up the stairs, his sister talked in her sleep.

"That girl is lucky....." she talked to herself.

He smiled and said, "Lucky Amaryllis"

Reaching her room, Blaze laid his sister on the bed and tucked her up.

"Good night my little cherry blossom" he said to her sister. "Sweet dreams" He was about to ruffle his sister's hair when she suddenly stood up.

~End of Flashbacks~

The ravenette glanced at the sky, catching a glimpse of a stray bird getting left behind by its flock.

Amaryllis wondered what the little bird felt and what it would possibly do. Will it follow the flock or continue flying on its own.

It flew towards the bright horizon and felt like she was seeing a sign. She heard of them before of how nature can showcase hope to people.

She shouldn't stay in the past or else, she wouldn't be able to make new memories.

"Thanks for the memories everyone!" Amaryllis cupped her hands around her while shouting towards the sky.

The child suddenly felt something brush past her cheek and grabbing the object, she realized it was a feather, an abnormally large feather.

*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*'*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*'*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*'*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*'*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*'*:;,.★ ~

Edited: 10/21/2015