Chapter 35: The Warning, the Promise & the Untold Secret

Law’s POV

Where did Eradicator-ya run off to? I sighed and stopped by a store to buy something to drink. The storeowner gave me some free newspaper that went along with it. I myself have bad news already.

I had a missing crewmember, return of another idiot, and something that was bugging me while I was searching about the X-Isles. Someone was watching me and it was happening until now.

It’s a waste of time to search for some… stalker.

X-Isles stay close to their territories/sanctuaries. They mostly live in places with high trees.

“…Grove 15.5”

She’s somewhere there, to what Shachi referred as Grove 15.5.

X-Isles rarely appear in front of people. When they do, they’ll take them and never to be seen again. There are no records of returned individuals.

Argh, don’t tell me I’ll never see Amaryllis again? I need to find her…

-Somewhere in Sabaody-

"Holy sh*t!" a blue-haired girl screamed as she clutched her head. "What the f*ck was that for?"

"Kyanite..." a red-haired guy replied with a monotone voice. "He's not the reason you're here. I'm in charge of him"

The girl pouted and crossed her arms, "He's much more fun to play with. Amaryllis doesn't have what we call bloodlust"

The red-haired male smirked at his partner. "Well you have a lot of options if you wish to kill them. I am the one jealous here Kyanite"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

X-ISLE TERRITORY

Am i forgetting something?

"Amaryllis-neechan, is there something bothering you? You haven't touched your food yet" Tsukiren spoke.

"Oh...Um..." Amaryllis picked the utensils up. "Just spaced out. Not a matter of importance, really..."

She ate her food quickly and excused herself outside.

"Did I say something wrong?" Tsukiren glanced at his brothers.

Mitsuki stood up and followed her outside as Tsukiren copied her.

"Did you tell her already?" Juren asked.

"You think it's that easy?" Hakune spat. "Damn it!"

"Tsuki and I will take care of her" Juren spoke. "Take your time. We can't hold her captive for too long. She has to return to the real world"

Juren went outside, leaving Hakune behind. He abruptly stood up and muttered a string of curses as he drilled his fist on the wall. Warm blood didn't escape since he was the last immortal X-Isle. He started muttering:

"Why is it so hard?"

He glanced at his fist and decided to think it over in Sabaody.

-Amaryllis' POV-

"Okay but you will be back soon right?"

Mitsuki nodded. She couldn't stay longer because if she did, she won't appear anymore and I don't want that to happen.

With a blink of an eye, the girl who looked exactly like me disappeared.

"Amaryllis-neechan?" Tsukiren tugged on my shirt.