Chapter 17: The Naïve Girl and the Childish Boys: Metamorphosis

"As expected from you..." I smiled. "...Ray~san"

"Expected?" I heard that same chuckle the first time I saw him. "I'm just an old man now. I'm not like what I was before"

As the dust cleared, there were two people standing behind Camie and me. Obviously one of them was old man Rayleigh and some large man, a giant his shadow towered over me.

He spotted Hatchan “Hatchi, what are you doing here?”

As I expected, he started connecting the dots by looking at Camie and the scene. “Hmm, I see”

His gaze rested on the familiar straw hat boy. “Ah, that hat fits you. I’ve been waiting for you”

Rayleigh motioned to Camie and removed her collar without the use of the key when I heard someone groaning in frustration.

“I searched for the key for nothing?” Franky groaned.

“Nope, I’ll use it then I’ll just hand it out to the others” I smiled at him as he gave me the key.

I felt his stare on me as I unlocked the collar. “Aren’t you Amaryllis?”

My smile widened. “At least someone got to call me by my preferred name”

“Why won’t you just use?” he asked even thought it seemed broke. Well I know what he was talking about after all.

“I’m not sure if I can remove this using my Devil Fruit” I said as I threw the key to the other slaves.

“Sorry about that” I heard Ray~san apologize. I followed his gaze and saw two people who looked like captains with their crews. That guy... Isn’t he?

“Dark King Silvers Rayleigh” the one with the red hair said. He has a creepy group to tell you the truth.

“I’m just a simple coater now. I don’t want to hear my former title for I would prefer to live a peaceful life now” Rayleigh responded.

He was about to jump down the stage when he glanced at me, “Reminds me of something, aren’t you looking for someone?”

“Looking for someone?” I repeated. “That’s right. I haven’t seen Sage and Vlad. Heh I’m off now” I flashed a grin before he went down.

I brought the collar with me and slung it behind my back. I jumped down in mid-air and teleported next to the exit and started walking outside.

I heard Rayleigh’s voice although I can’t decipher what he said when I heard some footsteps nearing me.

“I’ll go on ahead and clear a way for you so you won’t worry yourselves”

“No way! I’ll fight them!”

“Don’t go ordering me around her Eustass-ya or I’ll end your life here”

The voices got near me and I knew what it was about. The three captains, Luffy, Law and Kid are having an argument on who should fight the Marines. Is there any logical reason behind boys fighting over and over again?

“I’ll fight them!” they said in unison.“Who do you think should fight the Marines Amaryllis?”

I almost jumped when I heard my name from them.

“Oi, don’t drag me into this mess. I’m not interested with your argument or the Marines” I replied.

Minutes of their argument continued when we already reached outside. Marines surrounded the auction house.