7| Inside the Woods

Edited: 12/21/15
Chapter 7: Inside the Woods
"Don't tell me that fire boy did that?" Amaryllis stood up but the weight of the stranger was a burden for her.

She placed his arm over her shoulder and was about to leave when she felt the ground shake.

"Great an earthquake now?" Amaryllis sarcastically said. "When can this day get any better?"

The shaking grew stronger and louder until she realized it wasn't from Mother Nature.

Towering over her, an enormous man resembling a bear gazes down at her with a purple book on his hand.
saw an enormous man holding a purple book.  Amaryllis couldn't see his eyes because of the black shades he was wearing.

"Hey you!" Amaryllis yelled. "What's wrong with you? What-"

"I didn't target him" he interjected.

"What the who?" Amaryllis was lost. "He must be lying"

 "But he is still has a bounty on his head" the giant said. "Hand him over"

Amaryllis held her ground. "He might be lying. He could be the bad one here"

"Let me attend to his wounds first" Amaryllis said.

"I have no time for this" he removed his gloves,  enabling Amaryllis to see strange pads on his palms.

He repelled the air around him and it sent a devastating shockwave toward the man and Amaryllis.

A voice whispered and Amaryllis saw it again. The whole place turned into gold including the bear-man.

As soon as the world got its natural color back, she managed to dodge it.

The shock traveled directly through a big and sturdy tree and continued to the distance leaving his paw imprint.

"How can you attack someone who lost their will to fight you?!" Amaryllis asked, anger was present in her tone. "He's unconscious too!"

"Little cute livestock-chan~" 

Amaryllis stiffened on her spot. She turned her head and saw a glimpse of a guy with sandy hair and green eyes with teeth was glistening with saliva and....blood?

He sprinted towards her.

" That thing won't happen again now" she mused in defeat.

He lifted his hands and showed his long fingernails.

Amaryllis wasn't able to escape unscathed. Warm blood trickled down from  the cuts he inflicted.

Amaryllis's right arm was still holding the man while her left was clutching the wound.

She turned around. "Where is he?"

Then red liquid splattered on Amaryllis's face.

The guy was in front of her but there was this paw mark on his body. 

Amaryllis saw Kuma staring at her. 

No words came out from each other. Silence reigned the atmosphere.

Kuma slowly walked to Amaryllis and since she wasn't able to respond quickly, he picked her up.

"Put me down!" Amaryllis tried to get away from his grip.

Suddenly, the pain on her arm somewhat vanished. A red bubble resembling a paw manifested it although her wounds remained unhealed. 

He put Amaryllis down again without speaking.

"Umm..." Amayllis was lost for words.

"I'm leaving" He simply stated.

He turned his back and started walking.

"Wait! Aren't you going to...." Amaryllis wasn't able to finish her sentence.

"Would you want me to kill him?" he asked.

Amaryllis was taken aback. "N-no"

When she lifted her head, Kuma was nowhere to be found.

"AMARYLLIS!" 

Sage was flying towards Amaryllis at great speed.

"What happened here?" he asked. "I felt it"

He glanced at the guy with the paw mark, the man Amaryllis was holding and back to Amaryllis.

"Can I tell you later?" Amaryllis answered as she adjusted her hold on the stranger. "Right now, this guy needs to be cured"

Sage nodded.

>>Time skip>>

Amaryllis was finished on patching up his wounds.

"I think we won't be able to use the boat again" Amaryllis sighed in defeat.

"Aye" Sage said, looking at the guy who almost looked like a mummy.