Chapter 36: Convince the Monster

Chapter 36: Convince the Monster

It’s cold here. The source came from the part where Kyanite chopped my arm off. Yes I know, it did heal but I don’t know why it still hurts and why it was so cold.

If anything, it had to do something with her katana though it was just a katana right? It’ll just do the cutting but where did the cold come from?

“Amaryllis…”

It was dark in the place I was now. Nothing was there to support and give light but I did recognize the voice.

“Mitsuki, where are you?” I managed to voice out.

I heard some footsteps coming from everywhere! I didn’t know which was which until I felt a hand on my shoulder as it gripped hard. “It’s near…”

Near? What was?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Who the bloody hell was that redhead?” Kestrela asked.

Law shrugged. “He just appeared and said he won’t let me find Eradicator-ya…”

“Captain…” Bepo spoke. “What’s happening to Amaryllis-chan?”

Some of Amaryllis’s hair strands started turning into silver-white at a fast rate.

Law, who carried her bridal-style, felt her skin getting colder as well.

~At the Sub~

“What’s happening to her Captain?” Penguin asked, glancing at the unconscious pirate confined on the bed.

Law placed his palm on Amaryllis’ forehead and she was ice-cold yet the heart monitor confirmed she was still alive. He examined her carefully and managed to catch sight of a small slit mark. But what was the connection of the mark to her condition?

He brainstormed for some ideas, adding the data he obtained when he reads some books during his free time until he came up with an answer.

“Psychra Blade”

His crew glanced at him and echoed his answer with confusion.

“I see…” Kestrela crossed her arms and glanced at Amaryllis. “The Psychra Blade is cursed and once the blade meets flesh, they break into fragments and turn into cursed diamond dust”

“Anyone who suffers the blade will have the whitening of hair as a side effect and…” Law paused. “…if not cured immediately, will freeze to death”

The heart monitor followed the steady beat of her heart, signifying she was still alive. Every moment the green line ran up and down the black screen, a life was hanging.

Law sighed. He had a crewmember with a magnet of bad luck and trouble.

He started the operation to remove the dust.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Law's POV-

Psychra Blade... To think I'll be able to heal someone who suffered it, I wonder what else will happen to her.

I sighed and sat on a chair next to her. The others left with whatever business they have.

I removed the dust effectively but...

Even when healed, the person will fall ill every other month (depends on the severity) and should be given attention and immediate medication.