Chapter 20: Apprentice?

"Oi what made you think of giving me that dream Mitsuki?" I addressed to my spirit friend.

"Eh? After all these years don't tell me you still don't know me?" Mitsuki barked at me. "I have psychic power and I have a receptive personality. I don't want to see you the only one who will carry the burden since I'm attached to you. I am also..."

"You like searching for opportunities to show your abilities. The problem is you easily get bored even though I keep telling you to stop. You also love being appreciated whenever you accomplished something" I told her.

I saw her lower her head in shame. "Thanks Mitsuki~san for warning me"

She shot her head back again and smiled again. "Anytime Amaryllis" 

 Mitsuki disappeared as I reached the town.  

"Amaryllis!"

I turned my head to see Vlad and Sage rushing towards me.

"What is i..." I didn't finish what I was saying since they pulled me inside a cafe.

"Ssh" Vlad hushed.

"Come on stop acting weird and tell me what's happening" I demanded.

"An admiral is coming you nitwick" Sage informed.

"Although it's strange you know. How did he know there were Supernovas in this island?" Vlad voiced his thoughts.

"Well maybe one of the fish tank people I annoyed contacted him" I said.

"NANI?!" they said in unison.

"What?" I asked.

"What do you mean what? We're dealing with admirals here Amaryllis" Vlad reminded me.

“Admiral? I think I heard that somewhere when I was fighting the Marines” I spoke.

Their jaws dropped at my sentence.

“Here’s your menu” the waitress named ‘Seijitsuna’ asked us. I smiled at her name for it means ‘sincere’.

“So he’s kinda hunting people like me?” I asked.

Vlad nodded.

*sigh* “It’s just my way of disciplining those fish tanks” I muttered and looked for something interesting to eat.

AmaryllisMitsuki started calling out.

“What is it?” I answered although Vlad didn’t hear because there was some kind of barrier that only makes me the only one who can see and talk to her. Well Sage can see her too although he can’t decipher the soul’s language. That’s the reason why he…

Mitsuki didn’t reply by then.

I sub-consciously rose from my chair and darted next to the door blocking the entrance.

“Now sir, it’s not good to steal you know” I reprimanded him.

“Na-ni?” he stuttered.

“Just give that back to the lady” I told him.

“If I won’t?” he asked as if he was asking for a challenge after scanning my appearance.

“Die I guess”

His eyes widened.

“Come on, can’t you take a joke?” I asked him. “Just give it back”

He took out a flintlock gun and pointed at me.

“Never” he mouthed.

“Name your price. I’ll give my mermai, my friend’s treasures to you” I spoke and took out some white and black pearls, crystals and gems.