Chapter 30: The Story of the Silent Past

Sorry if it was a pretty long time ever since I updated. I'm pretty busy again even though school ended. It's because of this week's event but at least I updated right?

'*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*'*:;,'*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*'*:;,'*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*'*:;,'*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*'*:;,'*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*'*:

Chapter 30: The Story of the Silent Past

Law’s POV

“Captain! Captain!”

I sat up in frustration. I’m sleeping and if you don’t have a decent reason for waking me up…

“Captain! Amaryllis-chan! She’s acting weird again!” Bepo yelled.

What? I hastily stood up from my bed and followed Bepo.

A tormenting dream and then wakes up to find out your crewmember going haywire again.

“There’s something new about her difference Captain…” Bepo told me.

“Continue…”

“Her eyes were different now and I have no idea if she can hear me or just ignored me” Bepo stated.

We reached outside as the cold breeze greeted us. A familiar figure emptily gazed at the sky.

“Oi Amaryllis!” I abruptly yelled at her,

(Bepo glanced at Law with a surprised expression and said in his mind, “Once Captain calls someone in their real name instead of their designated nickname, it means… Taku {Geez} It’s been ages ever since I heard him do that”)

“Don’t give me the silent treatment” I grabbed her shoulders.

Nani? Her eyes are all gray and reminds me of…

“Oi Captain, you don’t want me to have broken bones right?” Those words were enough to pull me back to reality.

“Nani? How did I get here anyway?” Amaryllis scratched the back of her neck. “Captain-kun, I want some explanation…”

“Actually, I don’t think we could give an explanation for that Amaryllis-chan…” Bepo waved his hands in front of him.

“You can’t be serious Bepo” Amaryllis replied to Bepo as she glanced at me.

I sighed. “I don’t like this situation. All I have to say is you should go back to sleep…” I walked out of the scene, going inside the submarine again.

“Ca-captain, is this going to be alrig…” I cut Bepo from his words.

“I can’t be certain for that yet Bepo” I casually answered.

Amaryllis’ POV

I watched the two of them turn their backs.

Taku, what the heck happened?

“They are coming back for you”

“So you’re talking to me again huh?” I talked back to Mitsuki.

“Now, now, what’s with the attitude? You’re not going to welcome me back?” Mitsuki pouted.

“Tsk, whenever you come back, it’s always in situations like this…” I responded in a grouchy tone. “And what the hell do you mean someone’s coming back for me?”

For a split second, it almost seemed like I was staring at a mirror but the opposite side of me was grinning. Mitsuki resembles me too much it creeps me out.

“Don’t act all innocent and think you don’t know anything Amaryllis-chan” Mitsuki grinned evermore.

“If it had something to do something about my past, of course I can’t remember anything BAKA!” I yelled at her. “If you won’t say anything useful here, get lost!”

She straightened her posture and changed her aura into a serious one. “Humph, you already know I can’t get separated from you Amaryllis-chan. Get lost? Stop joking around” She disappeared after that.

So this must be what other feel when I act mysterious eh? They couldn’t understand even though it seems all too simple to me. Why the hell is fate playing around with me?

Also…

 I looked at the vast ocean once again and in my head, I saw an imaginary Rakuen island at view.

It seems like I’ll turn to my old self once again. It’s hard to change a habit after all. Morphing back to my past self brings back those memories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE NEXT DAY: NORMAL POV

“Amaryllis-chan? Amaryllis-chan, it’s almost time for breakfast” Shachi knocked on the door, waiting for a reply. He turned the knob but he realized it was locked. “She must have overslept” Shachi thought.

The other Heart Pirates gathered in a room.

“Eh? Oi Shachi, don’t tell me you forgot to fetch Amaryllis-chan” Penguin glanced at me.

“Of course I didn’t!” Shachi answered. “She overslept, I think. Also, who’s bringing the food anyway?”

“Ohayou gozaimasu minna-san”

Everyone’s eyes widened as they saw the Silent Eradicator enter the room with some onigiri, sandwiches and drinks.

“Oi, oi, what’s with the tension here? I just said good morning and all” Amaryllis said to them.

“Weren’t you supposed to be in your room? I was just there a while ago and…” Shachi was shocked. “How did you have time to make the food?”

Amaryllis straightened her posture and with a calm face, “I was at the kitchen all the time. I think I left my room locked that’s all”

“If you were in the kitchen, how come I didn’t see you come in?” Bepo asked her.

“Come on Bepo, I was first to enter the kitchen. Maybe you weren’t able to notice me” Amaryllis replied as she placed the food in the center table.

No one dared to talk again and ate quietly.

“Sheesh, it seems like I should tell you guys about it” Amaryllis broke the silence.

“You shouldn’t be keeping secrets from us after all…” Jean Bart told her.

“Come on, of course I didn’t know you guys didn’t realize you weren’t able to notice me that quick. I just had to recall what you said back then and came up with an idea to talk about the… let’s settle on calling it a ‘trick’ to make it easier to understand” Amaryllis sighed. “But come on, to talk about this in the morning…”

“Just start talking” everyone cut Amaryllis’ words with the exception of Law.

“Fine, fine” Amaryllis brushed them off. “In the first place, Rakuen or Paradise Island was never the true name of our place, in fact, it’s just the sick opposite”

“Oi, oi, you don’t mean it was called…” Law started talking when Amaryllis interjected.

“Yep, the true name of Rakuen Island is Mokushiroku or Apocalypse Island…”

“NO WAY!”