Chapter 48: Misplaced Memories

Doflamingo's POV
"Young master" Baby 5 peered inside the room. "You have some guests"

"Guests?" I repeated. "I don't remember getting an appointment with somebody today"

She shrugged her shoulders and continued, "They're waiting in the living room. If you would like to eat, Young Master, we've already served food there"

I jumped down from the windowstill I was on and walked towards the place.

The living room isn't that lively like the others and it slightly resembles the throne room.

Upon entering, I managed to take a glimpse of the guests which happened to be three.

"Fufufufufu, how can I help y-" As soon as I sat down on the windor still, I abruptly stopped upon seeing their clothes.

"How you can help us right?" one of them continued.

On second thought, they weren't from Law's crew. I must've seen them first as suits but turns out, they're just wearing all white for the jacket, zori [flat Japanese sandals] and hakama while the sash around their hips and their socks were black.

I nodded with my trademark smile as I sipped a cup of tea next to my chair.

One of the guests who sat in the middle of the two stood up and motioned closer but his face wasn't clear enough to see except for a devious smile on his face that could've matched mine.

"You're Amaryllis' last blood relative, am I right?" 

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned my smile upside-down as I placed the cup back on the tray. 

This fact is only known by the Doflamingo Family, Sage, Vlad, Amaryllis and me but did some information leak out?

"Yes"

He grinned at my response and I immediately got the feeling I wouldn't like this guy.

"I would like to do some trading with you Doflamingo-san" he spoke.

"We're always open for that" I faked a smile. "But there's one that I will never trade"

"And that is?" he sneered.

"Leave Dressrosa at once or bear the consequences" I ordered, trying to avoid his question but his smile widened as he already stepped out in the light, making me narrow my eyes which were luckily hidden by my glasses.

"The fact I'm right here standing in front of you means you've got no chance of doing that"

 No chance huh?

He glanced around the room and motioned towards the other window. "To think I'm lucky enough to see the new generation rise, it's so thrilling and exciting but..." He spared a glance at me with a thoughtful look on his face. "It would be better if SHE'S with-" 

"There's no way I'll hand Amaryllis over to you" I interjected as he frowned but grinned and laughed afterwards.

"Humans are such fascinating creatures aren't they?" He looked at his crewmates who remained in the shadows. "To think demons would have an angelic side too, well most humans are the same" 

"Captain, if you're done with your teasing, we can leave now" one of the figures in the dark spoke while standing up.

"Eh? You're not even the Captain!" he argued like a child debating.