Chapter 2: Apocalypse in the Land of Paradise

This is gonna be cliché as hell but I promise you these villains are not simply passing by and then vanish on the face of the Earth. :D
-
Amaryllis's POV

"Amaryllis!!! Amaryllis!!!"

"What?" I replied with a hint of annoyance in my voice

. I just woke up.

My brother, Blaze was shaking me violently. I turned around and realized something. The melodious sound in the morning was gone. Screaming, gunshots, laughing was heard outside. The blue sky was covered in black smoke.

"Hurry up, Amaryllis! We need to leave! NOW!!!" My brother shouted, grasping my hand. We rushed downstairs and met up with my mother and father.

We all ran outside the house, joining the others who were running for their lives.

While running, I glanced back. I saw....

I saw men in white suits with black lining. I didn't see their faces clearly but I saw a smile from them. A... wicked smile. It was the first time I saw one. Or was it?

Then, one of the men in white suit spotted us.

He ran towards us. I focused at the path I was running through but unfortunately trampled on the rough ground. Blood rushed out of my right knee and left elbow.

I saw the man, a pointy long knife-looking thingy was on his hand. It looked familiar, like I saw stuff like that before.

"You're coming with us!" he said. But before he reached me, something blocked him.

My father was holding the same thing the man was holding.

"Father knows how to use a sword" I heard a voice. My brother was looking at me and helped me up.

"Blaze! Take your sister and your mother to the shore. You'll find some boats there. Leave with them!" those were my father's last words.

My brother, mother and I kept running. Apparently, a gunshot was heard again and my mother got hit.

"Mother!" I screamed and dropped down in an attempt to help her up.

"Leave........ with.....out............. me" my mother gasped for breath, her eyes losing focus.

I looked back and saw the sword pass through my father when I realized, my brother took my hand again. There was no time left. The village was swarmed with the invaders.

Blaze and I hid in an alley, continuing our running.

"Where are we? What is this?" I asked, noticing this alley different from the others.

"This is a shortcut. Shortcut to the shore" my brother said in a loud voice.

"Shortcut?" I asked myself.

We ran for a few more minutes and saw the shore. It was terrible!

The boats were all burning. Some people were scattered on the cold earth. I heard the men coming.

"What are we going to do?" I asked.

My brother was thinking. "Play dead"

"But..."

I don't know how to play dead! What do I need to look like to look dead?

"Lay down on the ground" he said. He sprinkled some red liquid on me and placed a dead corpse on me.