Chapter 18: Presentiment; Mystery of the Poem

(A/N: Continue reading. If you will skip this chapter, you won't experience the thrill of solving for Amaryllis' Devil Fruit. Also, you can listen to the video in this chapter)

Chapter 18: Presentiment; Mystery of the Poem

“Next is the devious tactician, Lacuban! Let’s start the bid at…”

Wait wasn’t that… Disco’s voice? I thought he was…

I felt footsteps went nearer and dragged me. What is this? Did I sleep a while ago? Oh yes, I did. Could it be that I had a premonition dream? There is a possibility.

And at last, I felt the stage lights focused on me and probably Camie. I adjusted my eyes from the blinding light.

“Is that a mermaid?”

“Look at that girl. She’s so kawaii!”

“It’s worth the shot to buy them two”

I knew it. It’s true. Hmm, since I knew what will happen what if I’ll change it up a bit?

“This mermaid, well I don’t have to introduce their abilities to you since you already know, dying to get one. So this we have here was said to be a great poet! We didn’t have time to ask her name but who cares right? You can just name her” Oh man why didn’t I cover my ears when I knew that speech of his was coming? Camie and I... I want to tear this guy into shreds!

“How will we know you’re saying the truth?” And that question came and what happens next.

“Oi, you better think of a short poem or else…”

No need to threaten me Four Eyes. Hmmm, about the poem I said… Hehehe, it seems related to my dream and will be a big help to reality.

“Dreamt of a silver sky with the white ever-glorious moon

Accompanied by the sakura trees that bloomed

Woke up to see I’m in this room

Wishing that nobody meets their doom” I recited the poem perfectly. The meaning? I’ll tell you guys later :-D

As expected, the audience clapped. Will any of them figure out the message of the poem? Well I love poems with mysteries behind them.

Let’s start the bid at….”

He collapsed next to me. Just like what I remembered.

“What’s happening?”

“Oi, what happened to him?”

“What about the auction?

“Don’t tell me he fainted”

A smirk took over my face as I lifted my head. “Gomen the auction stops here if…”

They yelled at me. I didn’t even finish what I was saying. Fine it’s their fault if they aren’t prepared after all that’s what weather forecasters say. I didn’t even say “Gomen the auction stops here”

 “Amaryllis-chin” I heard Camie chirped to me.

I glanced at her with a smile. “Don’t worry Camie. I’ll protect you no matter what happens” Well duh, I know what will happen here.

I took a glimpse of her sparkling eyes. “Amaryllis-chin”

I heard the gunshot which made my beret fly away from my head. How could I forget about the fish tank people? How rude of me.

Like what happened, the guards came barging in and collapse.

“Wait, isn’t that…”

“She’s the rumored…”