Chapter 14: Archipelago of Sabaody

“Hurry up, will you?” Sage scolded Amaryllis.

“Alright, alright!” Amaryllis responded as she slings her small backpack.

They both went outside where the others waited for them. Amaryllis was going off the ship when someone called her.

“Amaryllis, may I go with you?”

She turned and was facing Vlad.

“Sure!” Amaryllis smiled. “What about you guys?” she asked Bryce and Garrett.

“Nah, we’ll just join another crew” Garrett replied.

“Oh okay” Amaryllis replied a bit frustrated.

“Cheer up!” Bryce told her. “We’ll see each other again soon”

Amaryllis nodded and did a group hug with them.

“Thanks again!” Amaryllis said as she, Sage and Vlad stepped on the archipelago.

She was wearing a white and faint pink beret, white and pink cape (short in front gets long at the back), long-sleeved outfit, checkered skirt, white stockings and some black shoes. Of course, all of these came from Marina. The outfit was made out of sea silk, the black shoes were made from corals and so was her back pack.

“Wow! This place is cool!” Amaryllis exclaimed as she caught a sight of bubbles coming from the ground and floating upwards.

Sage was on her shoulder, watching the bubbles as well.

“Want to take a stroll?” Vlad asked Amaryllis.

“I’d love to!” Amaryllis flashed a smile and walked towards the small buildings there.  She caught a glimpse what seemed like a map.

“This place is pretty big” Amaryllis looked up at the huge map.

“You could say that” Vlad said, placing his hand on her soft beret.

“Let’s keep walking” Amaryllis removed her attention from the map.

“Amaryllis, I’ll get us some food” Sage said.

Amaryllis stared at Sage and asked, “Can you do it by yourself?”

Sage nodded and flew away to find a food cart, leaving Vlad and Amaryllis.

“There are a lot of people here” Vlad observed.

“Aye!” Amaryllis replied, looking around.

Vlad caught sight of two catchy individuals.

“Amaryllis? I think you should see this” Vlad tried to catch Amaryllis’ attention but he realized she was gone. “What the? Where did she go now?”

Amaryllis was wandering around the streets, humming a tune. She was half-skipping and half-twirling around  when a bullet grazed on her right arm, making the blood spill and stained the cape.

“What the?” Amaryllis searched and found the person who shot at her.

“Is there a problem sir?” Amaryllis was fast to reach the rooftop it would’ve seemed she teleported. She noticed the man flinched and shaking in fear.

Before she could repeat her question, the man shot himself at his head.

“What the heck? Did I say something wrong?” Amaryllis panicked. She picked the man and examined the head. “Is there a hospital here or something?”

“He’s dead Amaryllis. Quit panicking” Vlad appeared next to her. “It’s easy to kill somebody but it’s hard to revive them”

Amaryllis left the dead man and stood up. She took a weed (the yarrow) from her pocket and placed it on her cut.