Chapter 2

Noah's POV.

"How do we know where to go?!" I asked worriedly as I cling on to Rocky's jacket. He laughed as he made his way down the hallway. We finally reached over to a wall with only two lockers.

"I made sure we had lockers next to each other, so you know, we can talk or something." He said awkwardly. I nodded and gave him a smile.

I opened my lock and organized my stuff. I took everything I would need for my first day of high school.

"Dude, what if I won't have anybody to sit next to?! What do I do, then?!" I asked. He rolled his eyes and patted me on the back.

"Noah, relax. It's just high school. You're gonna be fine. Oh and by the way I'm coming over to your house today. My mom is gonna be out, so I don't want to be alone in the house." He said. I nodded feeling bad for him.

"Trouble at home?" I asked him feeling concerned.

"Hey, mind your own problems. What happens at home doesn't have anything to do with you." He said bitterly. I p annoyingly at him.

"Whatever, I'm gonna go find my class." I said shutting my locker shut.

I hated when Rocky got like this. I know he has family problems, but he doesn't have to snap at me about it.

I made my way down the hallway looking for room 209. I started to get worry as I passed by the same room three times. Oh man, I was lost. I need help. I'm gonna die here!

"Come on you idiot." Rocky said as he pulled my arm and lead me to room 209.

Oh, this was the room.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"Whatever, just stop wandering off like that." He said. I crossed my arms and leaned on the wall.

"Hey, you're the one who was getting all defensive for no reason! If you needed help at home, I can help you. I'm sure the problem isn't that bad. I could've found my way." I said. He put his hands in his pockets and glared at me.

"Have fun living your high school year by yourself. And by the way, you know nothing about my family, so keep your mouth shut." He said angrily. I swallowed some of my spit and nodded quickly.

"Good." He said and walked off.

Great, I'm off with a great start. I already made an enemy. My own best friend.

Lunch

I picked my food, the one my mom packed me and tossed it around. I was sitting by myself in the corner of the lunch room. Rocky was supposed to be hear next to me.

He was sitting with a group of jocks and cheerleaders. I envied his ways of making friends so fast. All I wanted was to be like him. Or just to have him.

"Excuse me, can I sit here?" I looked up and was faced with a pretty girl. She had short red hair and green eyes. She was dressed in a cheerleader outfit. Too bad I might be gay, then I would have hit on her.

"Um, yeah sure. Sit wherever, it's a free country. I'm Noah." I said with a small smile. She giggled and put her hand out. I gladly took it and then she sat down next to me. And I mean right next to me.

I scooted over a but to give us some room. She didn't seem to get the memo and scooted in closer. I kind of gave up and awkwardly ate my lunch while she practically was sitting on my lap.

Then suddenly a jock came over to our table.

"What are you doing here with a nerd like him?" He said with a sly grin on his face.