Chapter 44

Noah's POV.

So Carson slept over at my house even though he was supposed to go back to his house to celebrate Christmas with his family. I really don't mind it though.

Although I didn't like how he fell asleep to early. It was ten o'clock and I was not ready to head off into slumber.

So I definitely did not let him stay asleep.

"Wake up!" I whisper yelled at him. He stirred a little bit but wouldn't wake up. I tried to twist myself over but I could only manage to turn my upper half.

"Baby, wake up." I tried again. I sighed as I grabbed my pillow and decided to whack his head with it.

"Come on Noah, what do you want?" He whined. I played back in the bed.

"I just want to talk. You sleep to early and we never gave our presents to each other yet." I told him. He groaned and later his head on my stomach.

"Come on, Carson. Give me my present." I said.

"Why can't you get it?" He mumbled into my stomach. I laughed at the vibration. I was too ticklish for my own good.

"Maybe because it's a whole process from getting into my wheelchair and I don't know where it is."

He mumbled some words that I didn't understand until he sat up. He rubbed his eyes and turned to look at me. He looked very tired but we didn't give each other any present. I didn't really know what he wanted but I had to think of the things he really likes.

He brought over his book bag and took out a box. The box was small so I was slightly disappointed, but I'm grateful that he got got me something so I shouldn't be picky.

"What is is?" I asked him.

"Open it." He told me. I opened the very small black box and inside there was a ring. I'm not the jewelry type of guy, but I appreciated the offer.

"Oh...thanks." I said with a fake smile.

"You like it?"

"Yes..I really do. Um, I just hope you know that I'm not marrying you if that's what this is for." I said awkwardly.

"I'm not proposing to you. Well kind of. It's a promise ring. I promise that I will always love you."

Aw, this was so nice of him. I'm so happy to have Carson in my life. I never that I would ever find someone like him.

"I promise too. Carson I can't explain my love for you. That's how much I love you." I told him.

"You love him." My eyes darted across the room to my door. Asher was standing there with a smirk on his face. Man, I can't believe he heard that. Ugh, that's so embarrassing.

"Get out." I told him.

Apparently nobody likes to listen to me because he stayed there at the doorway.

"Are you guys gonna kiss?" Asher asked playfully. I glared at him. I would've pushed him out but you know...one leg and all.

"I think we are." Carson said while he looked at me.

"No way, not in front of my brother." I whispered.

He leaned in and brushed his lips against mine. I wanted more bit Asher just had to be standing there at the doorway invading my privacy.

"Okay I'm gonna go now." Ash said awkwardly as he slowly backed out of my room and shut the door.

"So what about my present?" Carson said as he after he pulled himself away from me. My face was still pink. It happens to me everytime he kisses me. He always had that affect on me.

Now I felt bad because he got me something so nice and I got him something cheap. Everyone could clearly tell who was the better boyfriend in this relationship.

Me.

Anyways, I got him a lifetime card for the frozen yogurt. I mean a promise ring is great and all but promises were meant to be broken. This card lasts forever, though. If you think about it logically, it's true.

Okay so here's the deal. Carson's live for frozen yogurt is like my hate for running. Yeah I know, it's that serious.

You should've seen Carson's eyes when he saw that card. It was like he just got laid or something. Maybe he loved frozen yogurt more than me! THIS IS MADNESS! I have to call the police.

Yes, 911! This is a major crisis! My boyfriend may love frozen yogurt more than he loves a vulnerable adorable boy named Noah.

"I love you. I think I'm gonna cry. I can't believe you would get me this. You are awesome, did you know that? Cause you really are." He said happily.

I have to say, I'm the best gift giver ever.

My mom got me a new laptop and my brothers made a stupid card, whatever. My dad gave me a book I already had. I guess he was still holding a grudge because I suggested that we use his man cave for the soon to be new born babies.

I really hate that my little sisters will always know me as Noah in a wheelchair. When they get older I can't drive them anywhere or worse, I might be dead and they won't even remember me. Thoughts like these seem to push my suicide thoughts away. They're not even born and I care so deeply about them.

"Yeah, I know." I said cockily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carson's POV.

It was about 1 in the morning when I heard a cry. I woke up with a huge startle in my chest. I looked down next to me to see Noah with tears.

My first thought was that he was having a bad dream or something, but he was awake and he looked like he was in pain.

"What's wrong, Noah?" I asked him frantically.

Then I knew something was definitely wrong with him when he was gasping for air.

It probably had to do with his lung cancer.

Can someone tell me why Noah has the worse luck?

Feel free to put out suggestions or whatever. Vote , comment and please share with someone or something. That'll mean a lot.

Like a really a lot.

Peace out!