Chapter 4

Picture of Noah

Noah's POV.

"Noah! There you are! How's my best friend doing?" Rocky asked me as I made my way to lunch. I looked at him weirdly and shoved my hands into my pocket.

"What do you want Rocky?" I asked annoyed. Inside I was kind of happy he was talking to me again. I'm still into him, not as much though. He had proven to not be the guy I thought he was. This whole week had been horrible and now he's being seen next to me.

"What do you mean. We always hang out!" He said happily. He placed his arm around my shoulder and walked into the cafeteria with me. I shoved him away and went to my usual table.

Rocky gave me a sad look and went to his usual table. For a second I thought he was actually going to go after me. I don't know what exactly changed, but it wasn't for the good.

Soon I received a text and I checked to see that it was Carson who texted me.

Hey, I have free period. Do you want to meet up somewhere? ~Carson.

I waited 15 seconds to answer his question.

Sure, but where.~Me

I don't know, but head over to the front of the school~Carson.

I turned my phone off and headed over to the front of the school. Carson and I have been hanging out a lot lately and today he invited me to his house. It's going to be the best Friday in my life.

"Hey Noah." Carson said right behind me. I jumbed up frightened by the sound of his voice.

"You scared me, Carson." I said with a hand on my heart. He smiled at me and gave me a awkward hug.

"Wanna head out?" He asked quietly. I swallowed hard and looked into his blue eyes.

"You mean, like, skip school?" I asked as my voice shook a bit. He smirked and crossed his arms.

"Yeah, but it's not really skipping, though. It's more like ditching." He said as the same smirk played on his lips dangerously. I shook my head no. He groaned and leaned his head back.

"Noah, don't be such a buzz kill. This would be my first time ditching school, too, but I just wanted to try it. Please." He pouted and gave me a puppy dog look. I sighed and bit my lip nervously.

"Okay, but you better hope nobody finds out or else." I said warningly. He laughed and threw his head back.

"Let's be real, Noah. You wouldn't have done anything if we got caught." He said. I rolled my eyes and sticked my tongue at him. We sneakily went out the doors of the school and walked down onto the city.

"Where to?" I asked. He shrugged.

"You wanna go to the park?" He suggested.

"Um, sure why not?" I never went out into the very much, so I didn't know the way. Carson seemed to realize this and started to walk a little further than me.

We we arrived at the park and there was nobody there. Carson happily ran over to the swings and patted a seat next to him.

"Come on, Noah!" He yelled. I laughed and went on the swing next to him. This was actually fun. I was enjoying myself a lot. I pushed myself freely feeling the nice September air against my face. I glance over at Carson and he couldn't stop laughing.

"We should go get some ice cream!" I yelled. Carson covered his ears and scolded me.

"You don't have to yell, I can hear you perfectly."