Chapter 17

Rocky's POV.

The next day of school Noah had finally came back. I wanted to know where he was, but we're not friends anymore. If I could do everything again differently I would. But you know what they say, everything happens for a reason.

If everything happened for a reason then why am I getting punished at home? Is something good going to come out of this or something? Cause I wanna know if there's something to live for.

I know I'm very young and I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but I can't help but feel this way. I want to talk to Noah again. This whole situation has gotten so dar that I am thinking about begging him while kneeling down on my knees.

Everyone sees me as the jerk here, but really I'm just very confused. I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. If you think about the events I did that hurt Noah you would say I was the antagonist. But if you only look at the reason I did it then you would see a desperate guy. I just need another chance.

"Excuse me." Noah said as he pointed to his locker.

"Oh uh...sorry." I said and moved out of the way. I watched him organize his locker for like the 10th time. He was always fixing it even though it was never messy.

He turned his head to look at me and raised his eyebrow.

"Do you need something?" He asked. Here's my third chance to make things right.

"Actually I do need something. I need there to be no tension between us anymore and for you to forgive me. There's a lot of things that have been going on lately that I can't say, but-."

"What happened to your face?" He suddenly asked. I had a black eye from where my mother punched me. I didn't know what to say really. Was I to tell him the truth about my dilemma or not. Nah, I don't want to trouble him or anything.

"Oh um I banged my head on a table and...yeah, so this happened." I explained. "I'm glad you care." I finally said as he stared into my eyes.

"I don't actually. I'm just curious." He said. I knew that he was lying because he cares to much about people. That's one of the things I like about him.

"Okay...Noah, I'm just gonna say this and I'm not repeating myself so just here me out.' I said unexpectedly surprising myself.

"I have to go to class." He said as he looked at our clock in the hallway.

"We still have two minutes until the bell rings and besides, it's lunch. You don't have class next." I told him. He sighed and leaned on his locker.

"Okay talk fast."

"Well first of all I'm very sorry and I didn't mean to hurt you. I -."

"What do you mean you didn't mean to hurt me. You knew what was going to upset me. I don't know about you but words hurt more than actions for me. Words messes with the mind and without the mind, then there's nothing." He said.

"I know, I know, but I really didn't mean to hurt you. Now please just listen to me. I'm not what you think I am."

"You got that right."

"Let me talk!" I shouted frustrated that he kept on interrupting me.

"Okay, okay." He said raising his hands up in surrender.

"Well I've been keeping a whole lot of secrets that I can't tell, but I just so sorry. I don't want to be a jerk anymore. I don't want to be the bad guy. I don't want to hurt you anymore. I just want to be your friend again. I get it that you want nothing to do with me, but I believe in third chances just as well as I believe in second chances. There's so much going on and I don't want to deal with my problems. I need a friend. I need you." I said with freshly new tears streaming down my face. I never cry in front of people so this is kind of embarrassing for me.

"Okay."

"Okay? What do you mean?" I asked.

"Rocky, what have you been hiding from me? I thought that you could trust me. So trust me and tell me what's wrong. I want to know. Nobody deserves pain and I can't bear to see you cry like that. You never cry." He said with a weak smile dangling from his lips.

"I know." I said as I wiped my tears. "If I tell you my secrets, tgen promise me you won't tell anybody."

"I promise I won't tell a soul." He said. I nodded and took a deep breath.

"Okay, so this is hard to admit, but...I...I like boys the way you do." I said quietly as I hang my head down low.

"Why is that so hard to admit? You like who you like." He said.

"You're such a hippopotamus. You didn't admit to anyone they found out because of your journal." I said. He rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"The word isn't so hard. It's Hippocrates. Why does everyone say hippopotamus?! Ugh! That drives me nuts! And I never found out who took my journal." He said. My face dropped immediately.

"And that brings me to secret number two. I stold your journal and posted the entry about you being gay. I'm so sorry, Noah. I was just so jealous, please don't me mad!" I said ashamed at my actions. I looked at his eyes and I saw...fear? He was afraid of me

"I never thought that you would sink that low. Rocky, I was upset with you before, but...how could you?!"

"I was jealous!" I cried. By this time we were alone in the hallway.

"Of what?! What could you be possibly be jealous of?" He asked as his voice got louder.

"I was jealous of Carson. You guys were getting very close and I was shut so mad and filled with anger and want."

"You wanted me?" He asked softly.

"I still want you." I leaned in to kiss him, but he pushed me away so fast.

"I can't. I'm dating someone." He said as he crossed his arms.

"Who?!"

"Carson, we started to date two days ago. He really likes me and I really like him. And I don't want you ruining things for us. So just don't get involved." He said.

"But do you still forgive me...again? I really am sorry. I will do anything to win your friendship back. Anything!" I said. He sighed and nodded his head.

"You will always play an important part in my life. Is that all I needed to know are there's more?" He asked. I decided that it was best to keep the abuse a secret so no one would get hurt.

Except me of course.

"No. That's all there is to know."

He nodded and leaned in to give me a hug.

"Hey, don't tell Carson that you know about our relationship. He's still figuring himself out." Noah said as he pulled away.

"Of course."

"Hey, Noah! I've been looking for you everywhere." Carson said as he came up to us.

"Yeah, I was just clearing things up." Noah said.

"Let's go then." Carson said eyeing me weirdly.

"Bye, Rock." Noah said?

"Where are you guys going?" I asked them.

"We're ditching." Noah said and Carson hit him in the shoulder.

"He wasn't supposed to know that. Why don't you just tell the whole school we're leaving." Carson said as he scolded Noah. Noah rubbed his arm and gave a shove to Carson although Carson didn't really move.

"Bye." I said letting them have their alone time. Even though it was hard to admit, but I just have to say that they do make a cute couple together.

Writing this makes me feel bad for Rocky. Don't you feel the same way?
What point of you do you want next? Comment down below.

Peace out.