Chapter 9

Noah's POV.

I should not be here at all. There's too many people and it's very hot. It doesn't help that people keep on touching each other. I feel so uncomfortable and I don't know, but I think the person who just walk by slapped my butt.

And it was a girl, so that's very awkward.

"Are you having fun?" Rocky asked standing next to me.

"Not at all. It's too crowded in here." I told him. He chuckled.

"Well yeah, it's a party." He responded. I rolled my eyes.

"I still don't like it. I wish we were back at my house and playing video games." I said. I know I'm a dork, but I can't help it. These kind of things are just not my type of thing. I have a different definition of fun.

"Do you want to go up to the balcony? There's not very many people there." He suggested while he held out his hand. I blushed and nodded.

"But what about Carson?" I asked.

"He's off making out with some chick or something." He answered.

Or something.

"Okay let's go." I said while he pulled me by my hand up the stairs. And sadly for me I ended up tripping on the stairs. Rocky turned around with one hand over his mouth trying not to laugh.

"Are you okay?" He asked not trying to hide his laughter anymore. I blushed and stood up.

"Sure." I sad sarcastically. He grabbed my wrist and dragged me up to the balcony. Luckily for me, there was nobody up there except for us.

We walked up to the edge and looked down. There was a lot of people having fun and just partying. I wish that I could be like them, but I guess I don't know how to loosen up.

For awhile we didn't say anything. It was just silence. A nice silence. But I got bored so I decided to say something.

"Um, Rocky." I said. He looked over to me.

"What?" He asked. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but if I don't then I'll never say it.

"There's something I've been keeping from you for a long time.". I said.

"What is it?"

"First promise me that nothing will change. Just to be sure." I told him.

"Yes I promise! Now can you just please say it already?!" He pleaded.

"Don't rush me! I'm really nervous." I said. He huffed annoyingly.

"What's there to be nervous about? It's just me, Noah. Your best friend. You can tell me anything." He said. I nodded. He was right. I can trust him with my life. And even though we have our own misunderstandings, we always end up back from where we started.

"I really really like you as more than a friend. Okay, there I said it. And I was kind of hoping you would at least feel the same about me." I said quietly. He stared at me and didn't say anything. This wasn't good.

"Please say something." I begged. He shook his head and took a step back. My stomach started to rumble. I felt like throwing up.

"You... disgust me." He finally said.

"Rocky, I can't help but feel this way when I'm with you. You make me feel special. And I'm sorry that you don't feel that the same way I do, but please...just please don't hate me." I said.

"Now everything makes sense. You were always clingy towards me. And everytime I would change in front of you, you would always be staring at me. You're... you're a freak!" He shouted and then walked away.

I really wanted to cry, but I didn't. There are plenty of people in the world for me and if he doesn't want to be anyone if them, then totally fine.

I pulled out my phone to call Carson. He didn't pick out so I left a voicemail saying that I was going home. I didn't want to be here at all tonight and what recently just happened made it worse. Oh I so wish I could write everything that has happened in my journal. Unfortunately someone took it and exposed one of my most embarrassing secret.

People say I shouldn't be ashamed or embarrassed, but I just am. I want to be cool and have more than two or less friends. It sucks to be by yourself most of the time. And now I'm more of a loser than I ever was.

My parents think that I'm doing all right because I tell them that. But in reality I'm really not. I try to build a wall between the outside world and my own little world.

My brothers don't deal with this stuff except Jonah. But all what happened to him was that he got rejected. I wish that was all that happened to me. And at least he got his first kiss before me.

And for the journal, I have to find out who took it. That journal is my life and without it I'm dead.

I made my way out of the house and started to walk home. I checked my phone and I got 7 miss calls from Asher and 11 from my mom. It was getting late and I knew already that I was going to be in so much trouble, but I didn't care. All I want is to go home and sleep because that's what I do best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No T.V, and no going out with your friends." My mom said. She let me off easy this time. I'm guessing it's because I told her what happened. Most people don't tell their mom's about their love life or life at all, but I do. She's a great listener.

Maybe it's because she went through a lot too.

"Okay, can I go to bed now?" I asked. It was 10 and I was tired. She shook her head.

"I told you that you had to help your brothers with their homework and Ryder needs help?" She said. I groaned, but nevertheless I went up Ryder's room and knocked on the door

"Come in!" He shouted.

I walked in and put on my serious face on. I was not going to help him with his easy homework.

"Listen here carefully. I am so tired and exhausted, so what I'm going to do is go to sleep. You will not tell mom that I didn't help you with your homework. Okay?" I told him. He smirked and crossed his arms.

"What's in it for me?"

"You get to help your brother and let him have some sleep." O suggested. He shook his head.

"I would never help you intentionally, but you can pay up. 10 dollars maybe." He said. I groaned.

"Ryder, please, I don't want to give you 10 dollars. And I'm tired." I said. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay, then I'll guess I'll just have to tell mom..."

"Go ahead already!" I snapped at him. He put his hands up in surrender.

"Calm down, you don't have to be so overdramatic."

"I don't care."I said angrily. Don't mess with me when I'm tired.

"Does all gay people act like this?" He mumbled. I clenched my fist.

"What did you say?" I asked angrily. He laughed.

"You heard me. You're so disgusting. How can you be able to like guys like that? It's making us all uncomfortable to be even near you. Just saying."

I wanted to punch him. I really did, but unfortunately for me I was going to have a break down. What he said reminded me of Rocky.

I walked out of his room and made my way over to mine.

I tried to tell myself that I wasn't disgusting because you what is disgusting?

Life was disgusting.

You know the drill, vote, comment, and share!

Peace out!