Chapter 6

Annabeth's POV.

"Okay, you got. Just like that." I said while helping Jonah bake a cake. He was feeling down, so me being the good mother I decided to cheer him up.

"Like that?" He asked. I nodded while helping him mix the batter. I actually have never made a cake before in my life, but he doesn't know that.

"You know you can tell me anything." I told him. He nodded and after a few moments of silence he started to talk to me.

"It's just that sometimes I feel like a mistake." He said truthfully.

"Trust me you were meant to happen. Noah wasn't planned and so were your twin brothers. I was actually ready to have you." I said with a small smile on my face.

He laughed and shook his head no.

"Not like that, mom. I just mess things up." He says and slumped on a seat. I ruffled his hair and sat next to him. I leaned my chin into the palm of my hand.

"What could you possibly mess up?"

"Ugh! I just can't seem to get people to like me. And I don't mean family members." He sighed and put is head in his hands.

"You know that there will be people in the world who won't like you at all, but it's the truth. I had people who I couldn't stand and in the end we kind of became friends. And you that there will always be that person who will stay by your side. Always." He stood up and placed the batter in the pan.

"What were you like in school?" He asked. My eyes went wide.

"Let's just say I wasn't the best person in the world." I said.

"So you were like a bullying?"

"Well no it's just I spoke my mind. Okay that's enough talking for today." I said and stood up.

"Mom!" I turned around to see Noah strutting his way towards me. He face was filled with tears.

"W-what happened?" I asked worriedly. He shook his head and put his face in his hands.

"I can't say it if he's here!" Noah said to Jonah.

"Okay, Jonah I'm going to take sometime with Noah. I'll call you when the cake is ready." I told him. He sighed and went up to his room.

"Mom, someone stold something in my room! Did you go in there?! I told you not to touch my things! That's my private life!" He yelled. I grabbed his arms and pulled him into a chair.

"Now listen, I get that you're upset, but there will be no time that I will ever take that tone with you. Do you hear me?" He breathed in and nodded.

"Sorry."

"It's okay, but seriously what's going on?"

"I have something in my room that means a lot to me and now I can't find it. I don't know if somebody went in there are something, but it's gone and I can't live without it." He explained.

"Are you seriously talking about your phone?!"

"No, no. It's something else and it's very important that I find it." He said.

"Well can you please at least tell me what it is? I promise I won't tell anyone." I said. He bit his lip nervously and nodded.

"Promise you won't laugh?" He said. I rolled my eyes, but nodded.

"I promise, Noah, now please tell me so I can help you."

"Okay. Well you see I have this...journal. And I know it might be weird, but it where I keep my darkest secrets and feelings. If someone finds it and reads it, then my whole life is over." He explained.

So I wasn't definitely expecting that, but it's whatever. If he wants to keep a diary then he can keep a diary. I'm not judging.

"Well I'm pretty sure the twins didn't take today because they were out. Jonah was too upset to do anything. So maybe you misplaced it." I said. He shook his head.

"I always keep it in the same place. Mom this is serious!"

"Maybe you dad went in there." I told him. He shook his head.

"No he didn't. Dad knows to let me have my privacy. Maybe it was you."

"Really." I asked. He always acts like this when something goes wrong.

"Maybe you just want me to be miserable or something.

"Noah, you know I'm not like that. I would never try to hurt you. I would do a lot of things for you and I had done a lot of things for you." I told him.

"Like what?"

"Like right after the time you were born and you were kidnapped. Did you know that?"

"What?!" He face was priceless and I would have taken a picture, but I guess this was serious.

"Yeah and your father, me, and some of our friends went to go save you. We were just 18 at the time. So young, but so devoted because you were my only son and you were my only priority."

"Wait I was born when you were 18?!" He ask astonished. I rolled my eyes at his foolishness.

"Do the math honey. If I'm 33 and you're 15 that means that I was 18 when I had you." I said in a matter if fact.

"So you didn't go to college or something. Did you even finish high school?! If you didn't then why should we?!" He asked bewildered.

"I did finish high school and I went to college. And even if I didn't you would still be going to school, so it doesn't matter."

"That makes no sense."

"What do you mean that makes no sense?! Just go. Just go."

"Go where?" He asked.

"To your room. I need a little rest from children." I said.

"We didn't ask to be born."

"Okay, that's enough! I get it that you're upset that you can't find your diary, but don't give me a hard time." I said.

"It's not a diary, it's a journal!" He shouted.

"Does it look like I care?"

"Yes."

"Buddy, just go up to your room." Percy said walking into the kitchen. I mentally thanked him as Noah went up to his room. I was ready to explode.

"Thank you Percy!" I yelled as I hugged him. He laughed and kissed my on the cheek.

"What happened? You used to be the queen of back talking." He with a sly smirk. I glared at him and punched his arm slightly.

"I know, but that's not the problem. Noah is freaking out again." I told him. He laughed, but didn't say anything about it.

"Let's celebrate tonight. Just you and me." He said. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because this week was the first week you came into my life and that's where everything started." He said. I smiled.

"I can't believe you remember the week.

"Well I had to look it up, but same thing." He said as he pulled me up and carried me bridal style. He carried me up the stairs and into my room. Okay I think I know where this is going.

"Didn't you say you wanted a baby girl?"

"Percy we tried to have a girl, but boys keep popping up." I told him.

"Maybe this time we'll get lucky."

I hope so.

Sorry for the long wait, but here's chapter 6 for you.

Peace out!