Chapter 36

Noah's POV.

Standing here at Rocky's mother's funeral was a very hard thing. Especially when everyone was crying or was about to. There were no smiles or contact between everyone.

It was just complete silence minus the sobs.

Rocky wasn't crying but he looked like he wanted to. He looked like he was in so much pain. Well he probably was, if my mom died then I'd be even worse than Rocky.

This gives us all a lesson to cherish our mothers. I don't know about everyone else but my mother is like my everything. Life wouldn't even matter without her.

My mother is the only women I care about. I feel so bad for Rocky, but then again his mother was horrible to him while she was alive.

By the time the funeral was over everybody was still a bit shaken up. I try not to think about it much, but it's really hard for that.

"I'll drop you off at the hospital, Noah." My mother said to me.

Oh that right, I have chemotherapy today. It's going to be so fun!😑😐😐

"Yeah, okay." I mumbled.

"After we can go out to eat or something. I know you might be hungry after 5hrs. of chemotherapy." My dad suggested. He wasn't wrong, chemotherapy is a very long process and it's very cold.

"Okay." I said.

I keep thinking about how I have a big chance of dying early. I'm not really scared, it's just I can't really imagine it. Will I be in peace when I die or...I don't know. All I know us that I can't wait. Even though I have a nice family and a boyfriend and awesome friends, I can't just be happy.

Nothing is wrong but it's like I have no emotions. I would tell my parents I don't think it's a really big deal. I mean what's wrong of living in peace.

"We have a surprise for all of you when you get back, Noah." Mom said. So far the surprises in my life hasn't been the best. I have cancer, Rocky's mother killed herself, Jonah's wannabe girlfriend killed herself, and I'm fifty percent suicidal. Yeah, I doubt this is going to be good.

A nurse took me in and sat me in a chair. They were a few other patients that had cancer who were getting the same treatment.

I wore my coat and had a blanket covered over me. Like I said, it gets really cold in here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You feel good?" Dad asked me. I nodded my head.

"Oh yeah, chemo just went fine." I told him. We were at a mediocre restaurant. The food wasn't bad, it was just the place was the prettiest.

"That's good, tell us if you need anything." Mom said. From the corner of my eye I could see Asher rolling his eyes and groaned in annoyance. I glared at him and folded my arms.

"If you have to say something, Asher, then say it." I said.

He set his spoon down and looked me straight in the eyes and then looked at my parents.

"Okay we get it that Noah had cancer but you're favoring quite a lot. Your other kids need attention too. Noah should just grow up already." I laughed.

"Oh that's funny, people used to only pay attention to you guys. You people were the perfect kids. Remember that? This is like the only year I've been actually recognized. With all of you doing sports and being popular at school! " I said angrily. A few bystanders were looking at us interested in our fight. Asher scoffed and rolled his eyes again.