Chapter 27

Noah's POV.

Walking in school today I felt different. Not a bad different but most definitely not a good different. Ii was like I was numb and I wasn't feeling anything like myself.

I think it's because my life is screwed up and so annoying. If someone told me that life was going to be this difficult, then I would had prepared myself ahead of time.

"Hey, hey boyfriend!" Alexis said as she hugged me. Oh yeah, that's right. Alexis and I had been dating. It's been a week since my dramatic runaway and that's when I figured that I can't be myself anymore. So I asked annoying Alex out. And now we're bf and gf.

Great. Just great.

"Hi Alexis." I said while she greeted me with a hug. I tried to pry her off but she just can stay away.

"So I was thinking that I could go to your house today." She suggested. She always wanted to go to my house. She always so clingy to me, but whenever she's at my house she only wants to hang out with my brothers.

Is it me or she's so confusing.

My family was confused when they found out that we were together but they didn't question it. That's what I like about them. They stay out of my business.

"Maybe not today." I told her and she started to pout. Even though she can be annoying, she has a very cute pout.

"Please." She begged. I sighed and nodded my head.

"Okay, whatever." I grumbled as she pitched one of her annoying squeals.

I honestly feel bad for disliking her this much. She's just a girl who has a crush on a gay dude. I just can't help it. I really can't. Like seriously I really can't.

"Here." I turned around to see Rocky. He handed me my old journal. I seriously forgot about that. I didn't have time to write down my stupid feelings.

"Oh, yeah! Thanks." I said as I took the journal out of his hands. I expected him to just leave or something but he just stood there like he wanted me to say something.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh, um...nothing. I just...Can I speak to you alone." He said glancing at Alexis. I nodded and followed Rocky to our lockers.

"So what's up? Everything is fine?" I asked. Out if nowhere he starts to cry. Like he was sobbing into his hands as he shook his head. I didn't know what to do so I patted his back gently.

"Rock? What's wrong." I asked him as I hugged him.

"Everything!" He cried. People started to walk by and look at us weirdly but I made them no attention. Rocky needed it.

"Rocky, just tell me. Please! I want to help." I told him.

"My mom..." He sniffled and wiped his eyes.

"What about her?"

"She killed herself. She's dead! Gone!" I grew very silent. Rocky's mother was kind of like a roll model to me. She was so free and caring.

"Why? Why would she do that?" I asked as tears streamed down my face. Rocky leaned back on the lockers and slide down to the floor. He pulled his knees to his chest as he buried his face in his hands.

"She was psycho." He said. Then he started to tell me about the abuse and the therapist. Rocky tried to get her help and he thought it was working. Then it turned out that she was going through depression. Rocky's mother never told him that and now she's dead. He found her in the bathroom drowned in her own blood with a gun on the floor.

All of this was happening while I was crying about a break up and running away for some stupid reason. I take so many things for granted while some people don't have anything.

"Oh Rocky, I'm so sorry. I wish I had been there for you." I said as I sat next to him. He shrugged his shoulders and looked at me in tge eyes.

"Please, this was no where near your fault. I was the one who pushed you away when I most needed you."

I didn't know what to say so I stayed quiet.

"As soon as my mom died I thought I had no one. But then I realized that I had you. Well used to. You're like the best person I can think of. You're the light of my day. And now I know." He said.

"What do you know?" I asked.

"That I am madly in love with you and nothing can change that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carson's POV.

"That I am madly in love with you and nothing can change that." I heard Rocky say to Noah. My heart stopped as sweat streamed down my face. What if Noah tells him that he loves him back.

Thus can't be happening. I won't let it. I lost him once and I am not about to lose him again.

I took the bouquet of flowers in my hand and walked straight up to Noah before he could respond.

"I am in love with you, Noah." I said as I handed him the bouquet. Noah looked at me with a shocked expression on his face. Rocky looked at me with pure anger and there were tears in his eyes.

"Back off Carson." Rocky growled at me. Rocky was a pretty scaring dude, but I decided not to back down.

"Make me Rocky." I said as he stood up.

"I already lost my mom and I'm not about to lose Noah." Rocky said.

"Break it up guys!" Noah shouted as he stood in between us. We were both pretty strong and tall so Noah kind of looked like a dwarf trying to stop to giants.

"Me or him Noah. You have to choose." I told him. He shook his head.

"I'm dating Alex."

"You're gay! You know that you don't like her one bit so she doesn't even count." Rocky said. Noah glared at him and shoved him in the arm.

"Shut up! I can't take all this fighting anymore. I don't know what I want!" Noah cried as he ran away.

Rocky and I glared at each other one last time before we departed ways.

This means war!