Chapter Nine

Courtney’s POV

"Erm..." I honesty have no idea what to say back. I am speechless. I can’t believe those words just came from his mouth. Did he mean to say it?

I shift from foot to foot as I gaze at the floor trying not to make eye contact with anyone. I am so uneasy right now. I don't want anyone talking to me. No one!

The room was silent. The air felt so thick with tension. It was so awkward. Complete silence. No one wanted to break it. I, for one do not what to say anything, because I don't know what to say.

"What did you say?" Harry had to ask didn't he? What can't he just keep his mouth shut for once?

Louis shuffled around on the sofa, obviously not wanting to repeat himself and I don't want to heat it again either. I do, but I don't.

"It doesn't matter." Louis mumbled, standing up, however still not raising his head. "I've got to go." With that he walked towards the door and left.

Well that could not have been more awkward. Worst night of my life since I have moved in with Harry. One of the very few times where I have actually had nothing to say.

~*~

 I awake to the sound of my alarm going off on the table beside me. Checking it I notice it is 7:30 and then roll over across my bed. I have to get up now. I have a job interview and what example would that set knowing that I am already going to be late. I'll have no hope of getting the job and I need it. I need the money. I can't scrounge off Harry my whole life. Even if he is rich and famous, I have to earn my own wages. As soon as I turn 18 I am out of here. Better start saving for my apartment. Only got a few months left to go.

I check the time again... 7:46. Defiantly got to get up now if I want a shower before I leave. I want to feel fresh and be presented as a clean person because I am. Also showers wake me up in the morning, and I need one today. It is too early. I just want to forget about the interview and just go back to bed, curl up in a ball under my duvet and sleep all day long. I know I can't though because I need this job so much.

I shuffle out from under my duvet and drag myself of to the chest of draws opposite my bed. Pulling open the second draw down, I realise that I haven't even picked out what I’m going to be wearing to the interview. Shower first, and then think about clothes. I grab the first towel I see, pale blue, and stroll out of my room and down the hallway to the bathroom.

Arriving back in my room after I had my short, awakening shower, I decided to check my phone for the third time this morning. It is now 8:09. I will be ready on time, I’m sure of it. I also notice I have a text.

Unlocking my phone, I open the text and realise it is from an unknown number.

Louis: Heyy, good luck with your interview today. You'll do great. Xx

Oh, it was only Louis. Why is it an unknown number he is texting me from? What's happened to his own phone? I don't get why he is texting me anyway, I thought he would be too embarrassed to after last night. I can't even think about last night right now. It will just distract me and I need to stay focused for this interview.

It was sweet that he texted me though. He did remember from when I told him, some when last week.

I didn't think he would even be up this early. It's even too early for me. I can't even think of a valid reason why he is up now. The boys don't have work till this afternoon Harry said to me yesterday.

~*~

The taxi pulls up outside of the restaurant, I am so nervous. This is a 5 star restaurant, I barley have a chance at getting a job here. I need the money though, and this is the first job I saw going. It's worth a shot. I don't know until I try. Here goes nothing. I take a deep breath and walk up towards the double doors to the entrance to the restaurant.