Chapter Twenty Seven

Antony's POV:

"This is going to be a long ride." I huff to myself quietly.

After a whole week of picking her up and taking her home from work, I finally have to take her to Shawn.

It surely has been a long week, stalking her and waiting around the corner for her to finish work.

Who knew it would be that hard to watch someone without getting caught?

He told me to gain her trust all week and I think I have done exactly that. She doesn't even know who I am. Well either that or she doesn't remeber me.

"Erm.. er. You just erm. You just went past my house." The quite hushed tone of  her escaped her mouth, as she tried to form her sentence.

"I know." I reply, a smirk playing on my face as i raise my head up to look in the mirror at her.

Fear evident in her dark brown eyes, as she started back at me. Our eyes are locked for a few seconds before I look back out the front windshield.

"What?" I hear her ask me, annoyance playing in her words.

Nothing but silence follows. I decided just to ignore her because my job was to pick her up, not answer her stupid questions.

The silence was broken by her asking me again. "What?"

Like I said, I'm not going to answer her question, because one always leads to another and i don't feel answering thousands of them.

Her dad can do that when we get there.

I turn my head back around to face her, as I pull up to a set of red traffic lights.

Once more our eyes lock together. Her eyes fo a deeper shade of brown as fear flashes across them.

She remembers! My mind chuckles.

It's been a while since I last saw her... maybe about three years.

Her father and I go way back. He was my best friend all through secondary school and college. We always looked out for each other and did pretty much everything together. Sounds pathetic, but we were and still are like that.

The first time I actually met young Courtney, she was about one or two, but then her parents split up.

I don't know the whole story about the reason behind their divorce. I know it's something along the lines of abuse.

No surprise there if it included Shawn.

He has always been one to result to violence for everything.

Gets into an argument and what do you have, him beating someone up. Has a disagreement with someone and again, him beating someone up.

"What do you want with me?!" Courtney began to raise her voice at me, as I let everything she say pass over my head.

Louis' POV:

It's almost time for mine and Courtney's date.

Second date...

Our date this time better turn out a lot better than last time.

The reservation is booked and I have called them loads since I booked it and twice today. I was just making precautions and then extra precautions. I bet the resutrant was getting annoyed of my continuous ringing to check and make sure that my reservation was still in the books.

I honestly do not want a repeat of last time, even though the date ended amazingly and unexpecting.

Like, I didn't even know that was going to happen, but I am slightly glad it did, even though it wasn't as special as I thought the first time would be.