Chapter Fourty Four

Courtney's POV:

"Are you ready to go?" Louis asked me as he stepped aside, allowing me to exit the front door.

I simply nodded my head, and made my way to his car. Even though its no longer awkward being around Louis after my birthday, I still have a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach that this day may not be ending in the best way.

"Did you find somewhere for us to look today?" I ask, breaking the silence, that felt like it was holding us hostage in the car.

All I got in response was a humming sound.

"Is that a yes?" I had to question, now turning slightly in my seat to face him.

This time he nodded his head, not breaking his stare out the front window. So, I just threw myself back onto the seat with a sign and dug out my phone from my jacket pocket.

The remainder of the drive was painfully quite and for once the silence between us was awkward. I just wanted for the ride to the house we're viewing to be over and to be able to get the hell out of this car and this uncomfortable silence.

Finally arriving at the first house we were looking at, i practically ran up to the door. I needed to be out of Louis' car and that silence and into another persons company as well as just his.

~*~

After viewing five or six houses with Louis today, i still have not found a house i slightly liked, and the ones i had the smallest interest in i was talked out of by Louis. I am beginning to think that declining Harry's offer of helping me find a house because i would probably have more of a shot in finding one than i have done with everyone else.

"Why is house hunting so hard?" I huff in annoyance as i throw myself onto Louis' couch.

He simply chuckled at me and passed me a glass of water. "No one ever said it was easy."

Louis placed his own drink on the table and sat next to me on the couch. We both just sat there for a while, in silence, but this time it wasn't awkward. It was sort of enjoyable and comfortable.

"There is one solution that i can think of if you're really that desperate to move out of Harry's." Louis slowly said, gaining my attention.

I sat up properly and turned to face him. "Which is?" My tone showing some hints of excitement, but also curiosity.

"You could always move in with me?" The pace of his speech spend up dramatically, almost as if he didn't want me to hear what he had to say in case of my reply was something he didn't want to hear.

At first, i didn't say anything, but let his offer sink in. The longer i sat there thinking about it, the more it made sense to me how logical this was. I would get to move out of Harry's apartment and then he could stop telling me what to do. I would also be able to see Louis and Harry won't be able to say anything.

Louis' facial expression slowly began to change from a nervous stare into a worryed look. I decided it was time to spare him the agony of waiting any longer.

"Yes Louis!" I practically screamed in his face and jumping up to hug him. His reaction was to wrap his arms around me so tightly.

I buried my face into his shoulder as i knew i was about to cry with happiness.

After my crying had calmed down, i looked up at Louis, who was smiling so much. Our foreheads touched and we stared into each other eyes. His hand slowly made its way up to my chin, where he then tilted my head so that it was closer to him and he gently kissed me. The kiss started off slow and gentle, but soon began to get more heated, as my hands made their way to his messy brown hair. I slowly ran my hands through his hair repeatedly and the kiss deepened.

(A/N) Tadaa, this is like the first chapter i have written in nearly a year and i am so sorry about that. Ever since i've started college i just haven't had the time to write for any of my stories and it sucks. This is probably the shortest chapter i have written for this fan fiction, but it is only a filler chapter. Just to let you know, the next chapter is actually the last chapter of Secrets. But its okay, because i am going to write a sequel some when soon. The final chapter will be long, so don't worry guys ad a lot will be happening.

Love you, Sophia xx