Chapter Twenty Two

Harry's POV:

I know that somethings going on with Courtney, she hasn't been herself lately. I can't quite tell what's wrong with her though. I know that i have been a little strict on her too, but I guess that's because I am her big cousin and I'm just watching out for her.

Right now I really want to know whos house she stayed at last night. I don't exactly want her staying out all night at someone's house who I dont know. She is only 17, that's too young to be out all night, and probably with a boy. 

"You okay?" My mum asked me, distracting me from my thoughts.

I coughed. "Uh, yeah."

"Oh, you just seemed a little distant then." She sighed and turned her attention to Courtney.

They began talking to one another, and eventually the sound of both of their voices has been drowned out by my thoughts.

I think that I need to ask Courtney who she was out with all of last night. My mind begins to ponder about whether doing it now or later.

If I do it now, I guess that she can't become all confrontational and start denying or arguing with me as much as she would if we were back home.

Without another thought on the subject I decide ask her. "Courtney?"

"Harry." She jokes back, putting the conversation she was having with my mum on hault.

"Where were you last night?" I repeat the question from earlier.

Courtneys POV:

Why is he asking this now? I'm sure it could have waited until we had gotten home, or at least out if his mothers house.

I don't think she wants to sit there and watch us two argue because I know thats what's going ti end up happeneing. Especially if I don't tell Harry what he wants to hear.

Harry's mother, Anne, is a wonderful woman and is incredibly down to earth. I wouldn't want to cause a scene in her house with Harry, arguing over something so pathetic. She was just explaining to me how she rarely sees her son anymore because hes always touring with the other boys. Every chance that she can get with Harry, she will take.

"Well..." Harry puffs in annoyance.

"I was out. On my date remember." I dismiss the question as simple and bluntly.as possible.

"Yeah, I know that. I mean why were you out all night as in where did you go all night." He pushes for more of an open answer from me.

I sigh. "We were meant to be going to this restaurant, but when we got to the restaurant, there was a mix up with the booking." I began to explain, and then it reminded me of work. "Oh, that just reminded me. I have work tomorrow."

"Where do you work? I didn't know you have a job." Harry's mum added into the conversation. Leading it away from the main focus of the conversation.

"Yeah, I got one a few weeks ago now. I work in a restaurant near my... Erm, Harrys house." I reply.

"Oh, really. What's it called? I may pop in there one day then." She sounded intrigued by my job, and obviously wants to continue the topic of it.

I fumble in my mind for what the restaurant was called, before replying. "Old Palace."

I can tell by her facial expression that she is probably thinking if she has heard of it before or been there.

"Yes, I've heard of that. It's really fancy there isn't it?"