Chapter Fourty Two

Louis' POV:

It's nearly ten and I haven't had a text off of Courtney saying that she is still meeting or that she can't make it. I bet Harry isn't going to let her go out and especially not if he knew it is with me.

I hope she can and I'm just over thinking things.

I make my way over to the mirror hanging on my bedroom wall and look at myself to see I was presentable enough. I run my hands through my hair so it looks fluffy because I know Courtney likes it when it's like that.

I have no idea what to wear because she never told me where we're going. All I know is that I have to meet her outside her house. She's the one who planned this.

Heading down the stairs, I collect my keys off the side and make my way over to my car. I got in and headed off down the road towards Courtney's house.

~*~

Arriving outside of the house, I don't know whether to knock the door or wait in the car for her. I guess going to the door is out of the question unless I want to be confronted by an angry Harry, so I decide to text her quickly saying that I am outside.

I sit in the car patiently and throw my head back to its pressed against the seat head rest. Not long after I text Courtney my phone vibrated on my lap.

* I'll be out in a sec. Meet me by the alley at the side of the house. Court x *

I quickly sent an 'okay' text back and got out the car. I locked it and began to walk up towards the alley at the side of her house to wait for her. I wait by the end of the alley and luckily it isn't cold considering that it's a night in the middle of April.

Moments later I hear the front door open and then close. Courtney comes around the corner in a pair of black skinny jeans and a simple top.

That answers half of the questions going on in my mind, but not all of them. I now know that we're not going to a restaurant or something. It's a good thing that I also went for black skinny jeans, but with a navy blue shirt.

"Hi." I breathed out as she approached me.

She smiled. "Hey."

I pulled her in for a hug, which she happily hugged back. As we were pulling away I decided to plant a small kiss on her cheek to show that I'm not holding a grudge over the other day. When she moved further into the light, I noticed that her cheeks have gone a light red colour, which made me smile. Just knowing that I have that effect on her.

"Hey Court how are you?" I asked her softly trying to break the tension between us.

"I've had better days." She sighed, allowing her lips to form a small smile.

I simply nodded my head in response because i knew what she was referring to. Our argument the other day after what she had said to me. I know she didn't mean it but it still hurt to hear from her. Especially after i knew that i was slowly falling for her.

"This was your idea..." I trailed off slightly, before finishing my sentence. "Where are you planning on taking me?" I questioned her with a cheesy grin plastered on my face.

A small smile formed on her face before she decided to reply. "I know exactly where we're going but it's a surprise."

"Ugh! I hate surprises you know that." I grumbled.

She pulled a sympathetic look with the those puppy dog eyes she does before turning around and walking towards my car.

"Are you not going to tell me?" I moaned as i followed her towards the car.