Chapter Thirty Seven

(A/N) Erm, so idk if you are confused on the day of the week or not, but this day is a THURSday night. (If you remember...November 23rd haha.) It sort of days that in a way I guess, in this chapter. So now it's less than a week til her birthday. It's on a Wednesday in this. Just clearing that up for you all. :)

Courtneys POV:

"Table seven!" The chef called out to me as he places the two plates on the tray and passed them to me.

"Thanks." I quickly mutter to him, before grabbing the tray and exiting the kitchen through the 'exit' door.

I hurry into the busy resutrant and make my way over to table seven, trying not to keep them waiting for their food too long.

"Here are your meals and I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening. Thank you." I politely say to the couple and place their plates full of food in front of them on the neatly laid out table.

"Thank you." They both say to me in unison.

I bowed my head in response and make my way back towards the kitchen, stopping on my way to clear up the empty table ready for more people to enter the resutrant.

"Done for the night?" Keighley's voice was heard from behind me.

"Yeah. Just about. You?" I add on the end, not to sound rude, even though I don't care. I have a lot going on right now.

She smiles brightly at me. "I am. Do you want to come round mine for a few drinks with me and a few of my friends tomorrow night?"

"Erm... wel-" I began.

"You can invite your friends along to." She adds.

"I don't know?" I say more of a question than an answer. I seemed just as confused as my thoughts.

Well, I guess it couldn't hurt if I go out for a bit. I could always invite Donna along. She would love to go.

"Ah, come on. It will be fun and you don't want to be spending you Friday nights in alone do you?" She chuckled, her face forming a pouting expression.

"I guess that woul-" I started again, before being cut off by Kayleigh for the second time already.

She laughs. "I know that you're still only seventeen, but it's a my house and it's your birthday next week. Live a little."

I nod at her in response. "Yeah, alright. I will." A small smile crept its way onto my lips.

"Great. See you tomorrow at seven then. I'm not in tomorrow." Kayleigh tells me and walks away, not giving me time to ask her why.

I make my way over to the staff room part at the back of the kitchen and hang up my apron. I place my pencil and note book down on the side, before grabbing my bag. I pull out my phone and see that I have three missed calls and a text from Harry.

Ignoring the three missed calls, I go to read his text, as I exit the resutrant building.

*Hey. I'm goning to give you a lift home, so you dont have to take the bus. I'm on my way back from Bri's anyway now. What time do you finish? Haz*

The car park is pretty much completely full I notice looking up from my phone, as I exit through the main entrance doors.

I decide on giving Harry a ring. I go to my contacts and find Harry's number. I tap the call button, well symbol, and wait. After about three and a half rings he picks up.

"Hello." He speaks down the phone to me.

"Hey, Harry." I greet back.

"Oh, have you finished work now? I'll come pick you up." He tells me.