Chapter Twenty Six

Louis' POV:

I get to see Courtney again today after a week of not being able to.

Ugh! That was too long.

It has been a long week. Obviously I have been speaking to her on the phone a lot. And I mean a lot! It just doesn't feel the same though.

I want to see the smile on her face when she talks to me. The way small strands of her hair always fall onto her pale face and I carefully brush it back behind her ear before she does.

All these small and simple things that I missed this week are in a way important to me.

Just thinking about them all makes me have this weird feeling inside me and I get butterflies in my stomach.

The things this girl does to me! My mind sighs.

Work just has to get in the way. If I didn't have work all this week, then I would have been able to see her.

I know that I could have picked her up once she had finished work herself, but after the long days of work, I ended up always being too tired to. She would of probably been her stubborn self anyway and would tell me not to because I am 'too tired.'

Great, I bet I sound like a horrible boyfriend now. Saying how I didn't pick her up after work because I was always too tired to, but all next week I can, I don't have work. And I will!

Again, I know I'm not her boyfriend, but I will be soon. I'm planning on asking her tonight, when we go on out date. Hopefully this time my reservation has been written in their book.

Checking the time, I notice it's One, so I grab my phone and keys to make my way to Harry's.

I am going there to see him, afterall he is my best mate, but I am sort of half going there to see Courtney as well.

~*~

I knock the door of Harry's house, to shortly be greeted and let in by Bri.

"Hi." She greets me with a smile.

She always seems to be here. Does she live here now? I wonder.

She has probably moved in with Harry, it wouldn't surprise me. He is always going on about her. She's all he ever talks about. We all know he clearly loves her. It's about time he did something to show her he does and what's better than asking her to move in with him? Nothing!

"Alright?" I mutter with a quick nod of the head, as I step past her and make my way towards the living room.

I hear the door click shut and the sound of Bri's heels tapping on the laminated floor with every step that she takes, letting me know she is following right behind me.

"Louis!" Harry cheered as I entered the living room and sat on the chair opposite him.

"You alright Haz?" I ask him, ignoring his little outburst of excitment when I walked into the room.

Bri soon strolled in, looking down at her phone and went to sit next to Harry in the empty gap on the sofa.

Harry gave a quick smile to Bri as she sat down with him, before responding. "Yeah I'm good thanks, you?"

I nod "Yup."

I look around the room as though I am in a foreign place, even though I know this like the back of my hand. Maybe even better.

Every now and then, during the small talk between the three of us, I turn my head towards the door just waiting for Courtney to walk through it.

She doesn't!