Part 96

Kiara's pov:

Life isn't as easy as it  looks. Sometimes the things that we didn't even notice cause great harms!

I never felt that my friendship with Chiku was bothering Darsh. I never ever gave a thought to it. What happened a few moments before was totally unexpected for me. Mom always used to say that Relationships are like threads.. If you let them free they will get tangled and if you stretch them much.. they will break down.. They should always be kept in balance.. I don't know what have I done! I know it isn't his fault and not even mine.. it's the situation who is to be blamed. I didn't know that his past still haunts him. I can easily understand his fear as I've gone thought the same. Betrayal in love is the hardest thing to handle. And once get betrayed it's even harder to trust someone totally.  I've to make him overcome his fear. I've to make him believe that I won't ever leave him.

I kept on standing there lost in my thoughts. My tears aren't ready to stay back. He was going through all this from so many days and I didn't even get to sense his pain once! What kinda lover am I? 

I wiped away my tears and took a deep long breath. I need to talk to him. I got into the lift and went back to the party hall. It's so loud here. I tried to trace him but he is nowhere to be found. I dialed his number but that recorded voice kept on saying that it is switched off. Where is he?

Suddenly the music stopped. My mind isn't functioning properly but I managed to know that Samar  Bhai went to stage. My unstable mind tried to focus on him. 

"So.. ladies and gentlemen.. I hope you're enjoying the party?" He said

"Yeah!" Everyone shouted.

"So let me tell you that the New Year is just a minute away from us!" Bhai announced enthusiastically.

The hall got filled with hootings and clapping hiding the sound of my unmanagable heartbeat. I don't know what but it feels like something is wrong. I don't want this year to go away. I want Darsh here right now. I wish I could stop time. Any new starting without him feels wrong. 

I sat on a chair nearby due to my trembling feets and fast heartbeat. My heart is shrieking inside.. it wants him. I don't know why but it feels like something good is going away with this year. My hands are sweating like hell.

"10.. 9.. 8.. 7....." I heard the countdown. Every passing second is making my heart beat faster. 

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" everyone shouted and my heart skipped a beat. I didn't want to welcome this year without him. I wanted him to wish me first. A few seconds later I started feeling better. That pain in my heart started to get reduced. "Happy new year Kiara" I heard Bhai.. He was smiling looking at me "Happy new year Bhai" I chipped smiling back. I got up from the chair and hugged him followed by Bhaibhi. A moment later I found myself surrounded by many people.. My friend, family members, Darshan's few friends.. But the person I need right now isn't here..

FIRST OF ALL.. I'M REALLY VERY SORRY. I SHOULD HAVE INFORMED YOU ALL BEFORE TAKING SUCH A LONG BREAK. SORRY ONCE AGAIN. AND THE SECOND THING IS THAT I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO POST MUCH PARTS DUE TO MY STUDIES. IT'S MY 12TH THIS YEAR SO I REALLY NEED TO FOCUS ON STUDIES. BUT I PROMISE I WON'T TAKE SUCH A LONG BREAK WITHOUT INFORMING YOU ALL FROM NOW. PLEASE DON'T LOSE YOUR INTEREST FROM THE STORY. KEEP COMMENTING AND VOTING. I HOPE YOU ALL WILL UNDERSTAND. I REALLY LOVE YOU ALL :)