Chapter 10

Rapunzel snuggled into her sleeping bag more. Her head and finger tips were sticking out of her bag. She lightly held her s'more and nibbled on it. They had already decided that they would leave tomorrow.

"Will your hair ever grow back?" Merida asked. Rapunzel shook her head. Her brown hair shook as well.

"No. I've tried growing it but it won't, nor will it have it's healing powers." Rapunzel said.

"But you mentioned that song that you sang to make Mother Gothel become young, why don't you try that with your hair?" Hiccup suggested.

"I have." She replied.

"What about in the moonlight?" Jack said. Rapunzel raised an eyebrow.

"What good would the moon do?" She said.

"The moon works in mysterious ways." Jack smiled. He tapped the side of his nose. "Trust me."

"I could try but I don't think it will work." She said. Jack stood up.

"Doesn't hurt to try." He smiled cheekily. They followed Jack. There was a spot where the moonlight lit up the floor. Rapunzel sat down in it.

"Should I start singing it?" She asked.

"Yeah." Jack said. Rapunzel closed her eyes. She took a deep breath.

"Flower gleam and glow,

Let your power shine,

Make the clock reverse,

Bring back what once was mine.

Heal what has been hurt,

Change fates design,

Save what has been lost,

Bring back what once was mine,

What once was mine." She sang. nothing happened. She sighed. She opened her eyes. Jack was smiling and the other two had open mouths. She giggled at their reactions. "It worked, didn't it?" They nodded. She reached her hand up to her hair. She trailed her fingers along her long golden hair.

"I knew it would work!" Jack cheered.

"That- your hair- it was glowing." Merida gasped. Rapunzel giggled.

"It does that." She said. She pulled her hair closer to her body. Rapunzel shook with excitement.

"So what can you do with you hair?" Hiccup asked.

"Well besides what I told you, I can do this." She said as she stood up. She grabbed a lock of her hair and threw it up to a rung. It looped around and she pulled her self up. She reached up and grabbed the rung. She pulled herself up and stood on it. She looked down.

"You should probably get down." Hiccup said. Rapunzel started climbing down. She slipped and landed on her butt. They laughed.

"I'm a bit rusty." She giggled.

"Well how long has it been?" Jack asked jokingly.

"Ten years." She laughed back. "Ten long years."