Chapter 8

"So, you're really Jack Frost." Rapunzel said. Jack nodded. "Why couldn't my mother or any of the guards see you?" She asked.

"They don't believe in me. Or at least, they're too old to believe." He said. Rapunzel looked down.

"My turn. Why is your hair short if it was meant to be long?" He asked.

"Well, my hair was magic and I was about to use it to save, someone special to me. But they cut it off before I could and now my hair doesn't grow." Rapunzel explained.

"Do you believe in Santa?" Jack asked.

"No. I never got presents at Christmas time. Nor Easter. So I just thought that they weren't real." Rapunzel said. Jack laughed to himself silently.

"They're real. More real than me." Jack said. "Wait, if you don't believe in them then how do you see me?"

"Because I read about you in my books then it would snow in winter and my- I mean Mother Gothel always said watch out, or Jack Frost will be nipping at your nose. And I just thought you were real." Rapunzel said. Suddenly it grew colder.

"We're getting closer." Jack said. He smiled. "And you might want to start believing in Santa Claus and the Easter bunny." Rapunzel laughed.

"If you say so!" She yelled. She held onto Jack tighter. Jack felt warm inside and he didn't know why, but he didn't care. It was nice.