Chapter 15

Rapunzel gripped the bars of the cage. Her face was white with fear.

"Help, someone please, help me!" She called. No one was answering. She called out again and again. "Jack! Hiccup! Merida! Anyone!" Suddenly a laugh came from the shadows that surrounded her. She looked that way. "Jack! Is that you?" She called. Two glowing eyes emerged from the darkness.

"No my dear, it's me." The owner of the eyes said.

"Who- who are you?" Rapunzel stuttered.

"Your mother!" Mother Gothel said. She came out of the shadows and smiled at Rapunzel. "It's been a while. Ten years I think."

"No! It can't be you! You died! I saw it!" Rapunzel yelled. She crawled to the back of the cage.

"Now, sing for me." Gothel said.

"No! No!" Rapunzel screamed. Suddenly she sat up. She wasn't in a cage anymore. And she couldn't see Gothel anywhere. Instead of Gothel's evil smile, there were three concerned faces all staring at her.

"Are you alright?" Jack asked. Rapunzel nodded slowly.

"Yeah, I just had a nightmare." Rapunzel said. Chills ran up her spine.

"Pitch has been here." Jack said.

"How do you know?" Rapunzel asked.

"You had a nightmare, there's traces of black sand, it all adds up." Jack said. They all nodded. Jack sighed.

"Why would Pitch come here and not attack?" Hiccup asked.

"I don't know but don't let it make us become paranoid. That'll be the end of us." Merida said. She stood up. "I suggest we get walking, we've had a rest and now we can go on for ages." The others nodded. They got and and the four walked together towards the tower.