Chapter 19

"Why were you wearing a hood?" Hiccup asked.

"Because I wasn't sure if you would be fine with me following you." Astrid said. They had all headed back inside. Astrid sighed. "So what exactly are you guys doing?" They all looked at each other.

"Tell her we're on a top secret mission that means if we tell her we have to kill her." Jack laughed. Astrid still couldn't see Jack. Hiccup shook his head at Jack.

"This is going to sound crazy." Hiccup said.

"I doubt it could be more crazy then riding a dragon." Astrid joked.

"Oh you'll be surprised." Merida whispered.

"The Man in the Moon told us that we have to stop Pitch Black from destroying the world and we are currently heading towards Pitch's lair." Hiccup explained really quickly. Astrid frowned.

"And let me guess, 'Pitch Black' is as real as Jack Frost." She joked. Jack frowned.

"I don't think I like her anymore." Jack said.

"Look, Astrid, if you think I'm lying you can leave then." Hiccup said.

"I can't." She said. She quickly covered her mouth guiltily.

"What? Why?" Hiccup asked.

"Just- because." She said.

"Why was she following us?" Jack asked.

"Why are you following us?" Hiccup asked.

"I was bored." Astrid said. She looked away.

"Astrid." Hiccup said. Astrid became nervous.

"Okay, your dad wanted me to follow you." She admitted. She frowned. "He wanted to make sure you were safe."

"Why would my dad care?" Hiccup said.

"I don't know he just wanted me to follow you." Astrid said. They all went silent.

"I think I need to use the little ladies room." Merida said. She got up and left.

"Me too." Astrid said. She got up and followed Merida towards the restrooms. When they got out of view Astrid pushed Merida into a wall. Her arm was against Merida's chest.

"Get off me." Merida choked.

"You stay away from Hiccup." Astrid threatened.

"Or what?" Merida retorted. Astrid growled. She pulled out a knife and held it to Merida's throat.

"Or else." She said. She pushed Merida back and walked off towards the others. Merida silently gasped for air. She headed into the restrooms. She walked into a stall. She lowered the lid of the toilet seat and sat down. She rested her elbow on her knees and her head in her hands. She breathed rapidly. Suddenly a knock came at the door.

"It's occupied!" She yelled.

"I know that. I just wanted to know if you were alright." Rapunzel called. Merida sniffed and cleared her throat.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Merida said.

"Well by the sounds of your crying I'd say you're not." Rapunzel said. Merida got out of stall and washed her hands.

"No Rapunzel, I'm fine." She said. Rapunzel blocked her from exiting. "Let me out."

"Not unless you tell me what's wrong." Rapunzel demanded.

"Fine." Merida groaned. She started explaining what Astrid did. When she finished Rapunzel was frowning. She hugged Merida.

"We'll tell Hiccup once she's gone." Rapunzel said. Merida nodded.

"That sounds good." Merida said.