Chapter 17

Rapunzel and Jack walked into the shack, hand in hand. Rapunzel walked up to the bar. She let go of Jack's hand as he walked towards Merida and Hiccup.

"Is there anyway we could stay here tonight?" Rapunzel asked.

"Sure, of course." The guy behind the bar said. Rapunzel smiled.

"Thank you." She said. She skipped back towards the other three. She realised none of them had touched their drinks. She laughed to herself.

"We saw what you two were doing." Merida teased.

"What?" Jack asked. Rapunzel sat down next to him. She slipped her hand into Jack's under the table.

"You two were kissing." She giggled.

"K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Hiccup sang. The two laughed.

"I have a name for them!" Merida called.

"A name?" Rapunzel asked quizzically.

"Jackunzel!" She laughed.

"Yes! Juckunzel!" Hiccup bellowed.

"Oh yeah, well you two would be Mericup." Rapunzel teased. She laughed.

"Mericup would never happen." Merida said.

"Don't lie. I saw you two cuddling up last night." Jack said. He was pointing towards Merida and Hiccup. They had guilty faces on.

"Okay, okay. I guess that means that we're couples then." Hiccup said.

"I guess so." Rapunzel said. She smiled at Jack and Jack smiled back gladly. Merida rested her head on Hiccup's shoulder. "That happened oddly quick. I mean I thought it would've taken a few more days at least."

"Does that really matter?" Jack asked. Rapunzel shook her head. Suddenly one of the men walked up. He was about to talk to Rapunzel when something interrupted them. The door to the tavern swung open. Everyone looked. There was a cloaked figure at the door. The figure walked in. Jack gripped his staff, Rapunzel her frying pan. Merida looked ready to whip her bow out and Hiccup looked ready to try. The figure sat at a small table by them self.

"Do you think it's him?" Merida asked.

"It could just be another random." Rapunzel said.

"Or it could be another trick." Hiccup said.

"I'm going up." Jack said. Rapunzel grabbed his hand. He turned to her. "It'll be alright. If it is him, you guys will be able to stop him from hurting me too much. If it isn't they won't notice me." Jack smiled. he stood up and walked towards the cloaked figure. He stood at the table. Jack leaned down Looked at the hooded figure. The figure didn't move. Jack sighed in relief. Rapunzel smiled. Jack walked back over. The hooded figure looked over to the table that the four were sitting on. Merida frowned.

"I think she noticed you." She whispered. She watched the person from the corner of her eye.

"I think so too." Jack replied.

"Let's go outside, if they follow us we'll attack." Hiccup said. They all nodded and walked out. Jack floated up to the tree he was in earlier. Merida and Hiccup hid in a bush and Rapunzel hid above the door. She had her frying pan at the ready. Jack smiled at how cute she looked. Suddenly the hodded figure walked out. The person looked around for them. Rapunzel suddenly landed on them and pinned the person to the ground. She held her frying pan at the person's face. Rapunzel threw the hood back as the other three crowded.

"Who are you?" Rapunzel asked.