Chapter 40

"Why would Pitch want to attack the North Pole?" Rapunzel asked.

"Because we aren't there." Jack said. "I'm his biggest opponent. Without me there, the Guardians can't protect themselves as well. And we know what's coming but they don't."

"The nightmares will arrive about an hour before us." Hiccup stated.

"What?" Jack asked.

"Well they are about two minutes ahead of us, and they're just that bit faster than us, we'll fall behind." Hiccup explained. He sighed.

"The Guardians should be able to hold them off for that long, right?" Rapunzel asked. Jack looked down.

"I hope so." Jack said. "I guess we'll find out in a couple of days."

"It'll take one day with no stops." Hiccup said. "But I suggest we stop a bit before we get there."

"Pitch might get us though." Merida said. Jack solemnly agreed.

"We'll be fine with out sleep." Rapunzel laughed. She tried to lighten the mood. Everyone sighed. Rapunzel grabbed a strand of hair an started platting it. Merida grabbed her bow and started engraving in it. Jack flew next to them. Hiccup smiled.

"Jack, you ride on the wind right?" Hiccup asked.

"Yeah, and I can go a lot faster than this. Why?" Jack said.

"If the wind was faster we could get there a lot quicker." Hiccup said. Jack smiled.

"Is this a challenge?" Jack asked.

"If it means we get there quicker." Hiccup said. Jack smiled.

"Hear that wind, they think that you're slow." Jack said. Suddenly a huge gust of wind blew Jack and Toothless. They were sent flying towards the nightmares. Jack laughed. He gripped his staff. He held it so his feet were holding the bottom. He yelled out in excitement. Rapunzel screamed as well.

"Here we go!" Hiccup yelled over the wind. Everyone cheered. "But what happens when we get there?" Hiccup asked himself.