Chapter 23

"Oh this is beautiful!" Pitch laughed. He clasped his hands an rubbed them together.

"Why, exactly, is this beautiful?" Mother Gothel asked. She circled the globe again, watching the images that where being shown in the globe. Four figures where being shown, three of them where arguing, the last one was trying to calm them down.

"Because I didn't do anything!" Pitch laughed. "They argued and all I did was make them tired."

"So they fought and we get to watch?" Mother Gothel asked. She dismissed Pitch's enthusiasm.

"Do you know what this means?" Pitch asked excitedly.

"No, Pitch, I don't so please, explain to me what this means."

"They don't fully trust each other. And in a group where there might be secrets and distrust, fear will occur." He said. The vision in the metallic globe started to show them running. "If they're still fighting this means that there is plenty of time to put more fear in."

"And I know just how to do it!" Gothel said. Pitch raised an eyebrow.

"How?" He asked.

"Everyone fears a traitor. Make them think that there is a traitor then they'll start pointing fingers. And they already don't trust one of them." Gothel said. A vision came up on the globe. It showed who Gothel meant. Pitch laughed evilly.

"You're quite right Gothel." Pitch said. He rubbed his hands even more greedily.

"Of course I am. Mother knows best." She sang.

"The spark to the flame as some say." Pitch laughed. The touched the image of the figure. Dark sand started consuming it all. Just before the vision disappeared the figure looked out. Her blue eyes contrasted her fiery hair. Merida. The spark to the flame.